brake light

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VMax-Mike

Reaction score
Anyone know of a L.E.D brake light that will replace the ugly stock one. Im looking for a light that will bolt in place of old one. It look like all that would need to be done is find the right size light with a 2 inch spread on the mounting bolts and splice the wiring. I found alot of L.E.D brake lights for $15 and up. Some nice one's for $20 to $30 range. but cant tell if mounting bolt's will work or if mounting bolts will reach. Before i spend $75 on a light and plate bracket set up that i would need to cut the inner fender support to install I thought i would ask if someone knows of a way to just replace the light.

If you search for led light you will come-up w/lots of info on this. It will probably hit for the reflector replacement too, which happens to be a size nearly any truck stop supply counter will carry, the manufacturer & part # are in the thread I am pretty-sure.

You can also look for the CBR600 replacement which w/not much work works well, & is more-stealthly than the stocker.

Actually, I have been toying w/replacing my rear amber turn signal lenses w/red ones and wiring them to my stop lamp for greater visibility. I have a Signal Dynamics license plate holder which has amber LED's on either side of the frame I would use for turn indicators. You can't have too-much rear lighting!

Anyone know of a L.E.D brake light that will replace the ugly stock one. Im looking for a light that will bolt in place of old one. It look like all that would need to be done is find the right size light with a 2 inch spread on the mounting bolts and splice the wiring. I found alot of L.E.D brake lights for $15 and up. Some nice one's for $20 to $30 range. but cant tell if mounting bolt's will work or if mounting bolts will reach. Before i spend $75 on a light and plate bracket set up that i would need to cut the inner fender support to install I thought i would ask if someone knows of a way to just replace the light.

I dont want to cut anything if i dont need to. I was hoping someone already found a L.E.D light that would go in place of the stock one.

Do you want to replace the blub with bighter LED's? Or do you want to replace the whole assembly? You may get some ideas or even find what you're looking for at Custom Dynamics.
I can't remember what the fender looks like with the lens removed so you may want to remove it and take some measurements then look at what may fit. I can tell you that the led's with adhesive back stay in place and put out a lot of light.

I think the light is ugly and needs to be replaced. I was hoping someone had replaced just the brake light without cuting the bracket for the plate.

Why don't you just do a whole rear fender replacement? There are plenty of tail sections avail for giving your bike a different look. Expensive? Probably but you are going for a different look so don't hold-back! Try Exactrep & Boxenstopp, Tyga (sp) too.

I have a nice fender and im looking for a way to bolt a better looking light in place of old light. No cutting.

I bought 1 off e-bay,LED light with plate bracket and all I cut off was where the tag bracket stuck out on the edges,about a 1/4" on each side. Paid 120.00 but it comes modified for the Vmax. Also purchased LED light where rear reflector goes for 33.95.

Actually, I have been toying w/replacing my rear amber turn signal lenses w/red ones and wiring them to my stop lamp for greater visibility. I have a Signal Dynamics license plate holder which has amber LED's on either side of the frame I would use for turn indicators.
You can't have too-much rear lighting!

Amen to that!
Good idea you have for the extra brake lights, but check your local rules and regs. regarding using the plate holder lights - some states/ provinces require a minimum distance between L&R signal lamps.
If you haven't already, check out those Signal Dynamics Back Off Brake Light Modulators, from Custom Dynamics. Two different models available, for both incandescent and LED lights.
The XP model also has an optional emergency flasher option. I wired this directly off the battery, and spliced in a hidden switch. You can also use this feature as an automobile back-up flasher.
Cheers!

This one is rather nice, I considered going with it, but it's a bit spendy at $120. It's a direct plug n play swap.

I went with this one, which clocks in at less than $15. It's bright and reliable(and has white LEDs at the bottom for a tag light), buddies say it's easily visible in the daytime. The brake light at night lights up the entire 30x40 garage. It's been on my bike for 1.5 seasons now, and I had one on my off road minibike for a couple years before that, and both still work fine. Several sellers all have it, all for about the same price.

It very nearly lines up with the stock holes, but not quite. Had to pop a small hole next to the stock one for it, the wires went through one of the original mounting holes. I'm thinking I might cut the fender and move the plate up closer to the ligh

Attachments

• 0129111441a.jpg
    0129111441a.jpg
    64.8 KB
This one is rather nice, I considered going with it, but it's a bit spendy at $120. It's a direct plug n play swap.

I went with this one, which clocks in at less than $15. It's bright and reliable(and has white LEDs at the bottom for a tag light), buddies say it's easily visible in the daytime. The brake light at night lights up the entire 30x40 garage. It's been on my bike for 1.5 seasons now, and I had one on my off road minibike for a couple years before that, and both still work fine. Several sellers all have it, all for about the same price.

It very nearly lines up with the stock holes, but not quite. Had to pop a small hole next to the stock one for it, the wires went through one of the original mounting holes. I'm thinking I might cut the fender and move the plate up closer to the ligh

I got one of those chinese led lights, from a Sachs Madass. Looks about the same.
I was going to make a custom mount because it goes very close to fitting the lip of the mudguard.

I ended up canning the idea after seeing that the light was not bright enough in the daytime!

That monstermax light is bad ass but for $349 it would need to give me more hp to buy it. I can buy a stage 7 kit for less than that.

It better be "all-that" for a $349 price! A good-looking product. I think I will wait for a price drop.

Oh, yes it`s fkn realy a bunch of $$$$$$$$
But, originaly Vmax-Mike did hask for a bolt-on set up :ummm:

For a REAL nice fit; every good mecanic modification hours (by you or anay-one else) as to be calculate at 70$ and more, so hr+hr+$=lots of $$

thats the price off buy`n`ride :eusa_dance:

Back