bur on my rotor..

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rebar

Reaction score
So Im thinking my front brakes look like they are ok for the moment, but need changed. Then I see a bur on one of the rotors? The pad looks like its got about 1/8" of material. How far down can you go. Or I guess I found out.. Any suggestions on how to remove the bur before new pads?

I'd take most of it down with a fine file. You could do the final dressing with fine sandpaper or emery cloth. If you're really anal you could use a whetstone. Shouldn't hurt a thing as long as the rotor thickness is within spec.

As far as pads go, you can wear em down pretty good. If you see a rivet or the brake pad backing where the friction material used to be you went too far :biglaugh:

Let's see a picture of this "burr"

Is it more of a ridge on the rotor?

Are you planning on upgrading later to the later sized rotors?

Chris

Let's see a picture of this "burr"

Is it more of a ridge on the rotor?

Are you planning on upgrading later to the later sized rotors?

Chris

Dont think my camera will get close enough for anyone to see. But I feel a sharp bur maybe 1/3 into the rotor. Not huge. But enough for me to wonder wtf..

Not planning upgrade at the moment. Talking to jeff about new pads and tires. But I need them now! Had the old lady on the back this morning. Some truck spilled something in the last corner before home.. Looked like water but felt like fish oil. Ass end of the bike slid way out. She grabbed my nuts. Its all good. :biglaugh: daddy saved the day

Time for one of our Busa brake upgrades! The pad material is glued on so you can get them almost paper thin. I would not usually go that far. If you look close enough most pads have a grove in the center that is your wear indicator. Once it's smooth all the way across then it's time to replace.

Sean

Latest posts

Back