Clymer or Haynes

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i use the service manual that lankee is talking about and the haynes.

i just got a clymer for my 89 gs500 from the PO and i like the haynes so far much better (but its comparing two different bikes). lots more model-specific pics in the haynes it seems...

shortly cyclepedia.com will have a vmax manual

I'd say Haynes any day. All the Clymer I've seen seemed a bit confusing with poor pictures/illustrations, whereas I've been using Haynes for many years on various bikes and cars, and as long as what you're after is covered, it is done very well and easy to follow.

Hello all, i just would like to say ,I have been a mechanic forty years in my life .when it comes to getting information thats quick, accurate, and concise,do yourself a favor....STAY AWAY from the haynes !!. its nothing but a pain. the manual is produced by idiots that dont have any mechanical background. case in point...put them side by side you will find a big difference between the two. trying to get info from a haynes is like pulling teeth. The clymer is put together well ,the index is MAGNIFICENT in comparison. I have a haynes vmax manual, the only thing i like about it is the nice picture of the vmax on the cover thats it .if you want a good manual thats not a factory sevice manual put your money on a Clymer. best to you all buckridge

Funny how everyone gets what they want from similar material.. To each his own, right?

I do like the Yamaha Service manual a lot, but it does assume you have a solid mechanical background, whereas the Haynes way is more geared towards the DIY enthusiast.

I don't have either. do they both have color electrical schematics that match Yamaha wire color? I know one does. sandy

Latest posts

Back