Come & say hello to my new project

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rickred

Reaction score
Its an 88 model with 28000miles,
Currently stripped down for paint and a few cosmetic touch ups, I replaced the steering bearings and assembled the front end, all chrome, alloy & stainless has been pollished and came up nice.
522305_312363698826789_100001594831019_815751_28045951_n.jpg

Before Pic,

39582_107522245977603_1636680_n.jpg

Yet to be fitted are new shocks ,indicators, drag bars & mirrors.
Will post a finished pic.:biglaugh:

Welcome to the forum! Australian membership and activity seems to be on the rise. Looking forward to those pics of your bike.
Cheers, mate!

nice project. what method did you use to get the races out of your stem?

Dont let Ninjaneer run you off its just that he's not ALLL-THERE. LOL. Seinfeld hello F A S. You will grow to like Ninjaneer we did.

Its an 88 model with 28000miles,
Currently stripped down for paint and a few cosmetic touch ups, I replaced the steering bearings and assembled the front end, all chrome, alloy & stainless has been pollished and came up nice.
522305_312363698826789_100001594831019_815751_28045951_n.jpg

Before Pic,

39582_107522245977603_1636680_n.jpg

Yet to be fitted are new shocks ,indicators, drag bars & mirrors.
Will post a finished pic.:biglaugh:

I had seen your location. I had to laugh thinking that I could be over there right now. The company I work for is trying to recruit some of their management to go over there. They fly you in and back out of Perth every 3 weeks for one week in Perth. I heard it is a wonderful place from all of the others that went over there. Nice bike I remember when my 88' was in that shape not too long ago.. keep us posted we all love pics and love to see progress.

Thanks G

:ummm:I look like that after a night with 12pack labatt and my wife's bushmills LOL. Labatt Bushmills and a vmax makes for a fun night in the garage.

G'day mate! Tidy bike.
We should go for a cruise when you are up and running.
I'm in Girrawheen. Where you at?

Baz

I had seen your location. I had to laugh thinking that I could be over there right now. The company I work for is trying to recruit some of their management to go over there. They fly you in and back out of Perth every 3 weeks for one week in Perth. I heard it is a wonderful place from all of the others that went over there. Nice bike I remember when my 88' was in that shape not too long ago.. keep us posted we all love pics and love to see progress.

Thanks G

There's a LOT of people doing fly in/fly out work here.
I've heard that there have been so many blokes imported that it getting close to 2 blokes for every sheila.

Heelllooohhh...
That bike would fit in here any day of the week. Like the radiator side covers.any details? Custom or what?

Heelllooohhh...
That bike would fit in here any day of the week. Like the radiator side covers.any details? Custom or what?
Yeah, them and the cut fender make the front look "light"? I like it

:ummm:I look like that after a night with 12pack labatt and my wife's bushmills LOL. Labatt Bushmills and a vmax makes for a fun night in the garage.
bushmills, mmmm. Got a choice of 8,10 or 21 year on the shelf - but I'll pay for it tomorrow

nice project. what method did you use to get the races out of your stem?

The top bearing cup fell out after a few blows with a long drift & hammer from the bottom up. The lower cup took a little more messing about, I welded a small peice of scrap metal across the inside of the bearing. When the welds cooled down I could knock the bottom cup out from the top with a solid bar against the piece metal I welded in place.
It wasn't a pretty weld but did the job, & welding up side down while sitting on the floor ain't much fun!!!

Back