Custom paint in Ontario...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ghostntheshell

Reaction score
I got quoted 900 bones for a Viper blue w/ white twin racing stripes.

Does that seem reasonable?

Never really been into custom painting with any vehicle I've owned, so I don't really know what to expect, but I do know paint is never cheap, and you get what you pay for..
________
Ford Motor Company Cincinnati Plant

Last edited:
USD or CAN? whats it for? just the faux tank?

doesn't seem too bad, but i've never had a bike painted... whats the turn around time? any other examples of their work?

I got quoted 900 bones for a Viper blue w/ white twin racing stripes.

Does that seem reasonable?

Never really been into custom painting with any vehicle I've owned, so I don't really know what to expect, but I do know paint is never cheap, and you get what you pay for..

Will PM you a number for another Vmax owner who owns a body shop. He might cut you a deal. I will talk to him this week and fire his number to you if he is agreeable.

That's about right. I paid 314 for the repair of my rad side cover and a complete paint with racing stripes on my faux cover.

Seems a bit high. I would have quoted you around $500 plus shipping (which I would think we can still do if you want). I can even do it on an exchange basis.

Sean

Dual stripes on the front fender may look a little odd... I went with just the faux as I thought they would look off otherwise.

8751a39_20.jpg

That's the fenders done, w/ twin stripes. Looks good to me from that picture - BUT It's the only picture - and the colour is purple.
It's from a kijiji add, I liked it too - but was out of my price range.

I also noticed a tiny ding on the right of my faux tank :bang head: while giving it a wipe down. I had never noticed until the light hit it in just the right way...

I think I could settle for having just the faux done, but we'll see.
Not sure how hard it is to repair the minor ding - or I may be looking for a mint condition new one...
________
List of Chrysler vehicles history

Last edited:
That's the fenders done, w/ twin stripes. Looks good to me from that picture - BUT It's the only picture - and the colour is purple.
It's from a kijiji add, I liked it too - but was out of my price range.

I think I could settle for having just the faux done, but we'll see.
Not sure how hard it is to repair the minor ding - or I may be looking for a mint condition new one...

Well than, I guess you are go too go?
If that is the look you want go for it, even if it is not symmetrical.
You still didn't say what kind of paint will be used or if the price included sanding and buffing.
A dent in the cover is minor if you are going to paint it, it's a simple fix.

Wow......impressive!
Those pictures are great and press gold.
The pedigree of that shop is part of the price.....all the awards!!!!!
$900.00 is squat when it comes to talent like that.
I have a friend that does it professionally that produces beautiful work.
For a single colour, sanded and buffed starts at $1000.00, depending on the materials you choose.

I think my chums bikes have competed against Connery's Bikes.
It was 2 years ago in the spring show in TO, a tribute bike...Toronto Argonauts, with a football stitched seat.
His first show ever, he thought he would enter the amateur class.
He ended up taking 5th in the pro category.

I'm not too concerned about awards - just want some good work done reasoanbly :)

His work is impressive though eh? Real nice flames - if that's your thing - and great clear coats and all that.
________
Central R&D Labs., Inc.

Last edited:
I got thinking bout what it might look like, so I did my own GHETTO version in Microsoft paint.
I think it'll look great with that Dodge Viper Blue... has to be the nicest blue on earth.

p.s. Microsoft Paint doesn't have "Viper blue" so bear with me :p

viperblue.jpgblue.jpg

IF ANYONE KNOWS THE PAINT CODE FOR THE DODGE VIPER BLUE IT WOULD BE APPRECIATED.
________
volcano vaporizer

Last edited:
p.s - the second pic is a grainy pic of my bike. I will be going with a black seat from Sean Morley when the time comes. I have cleaned it up really nice, along with the garage (took me like 8-9 hours of just organizing).

I think it's gonna look great!

You have to picture..

1.) Chrome scoops w/ Faux velocity stacks
2.) Black Morley seat
3.) *possibly* marks exhuast
________
2GA

Last edited:
View attachment 9022

I also noticed a tiny ding on the right of my faux tank :bang head: while giving it a wipe down. I had never noticed until the light hit it in just the right way...

I had a small dent in the top cover also. I placed it on a soft cloth and gently tapped the area from the backside with a small ball peen hammer. Checked every few taps until I could not see or feel the dent. Came out perfect. Then had a custom paint job done in a metallic copper orange.

Latest posts

Back