custom sissy bar?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nosboss

Reaction score
Lets just say I am a cheap bastard and like to do things myself. :biglaugh: I don't want to spend the coin on a sissy bar, but I need one for the wife. I know they have a couple on the market, but their too spendy for me. I was thinking I would build it myself. Has anyone on here tried/done that? I built one for my last bike and it looked very nice. The problem with the max is getting the sissy bar to match the original grab bar on the bike or atleast blend in. Anyone want to throw an idea at me? :ummm:

Since you did such a nice job on your last one, I figured this would be a walk in the park for you...

I really like the one I got from HAC, but as you said it is something like $270. I can try to reverse engineer their back plate then all you need to do is come up with a support structure.... they made a cast AL piece, but you could probably make it out of bar stock. Getting it to look like it really fits the bike would be the hardest problem. Maybe we can play around with it at Conesville and we can get the position just right for your lady. I also want to find a way to support a 5lb nitrous tank from back there and also get a small rack off the sitty bar.

I can take some pictures and we can talk.

Jeff

Jeff, that would be cool as hell if you could take some close-up pics of the mounting and the bar itself. I have a pretty good idea how I can do it, but I would like to see one that is already done. The only problem with my idea is that its not quickly removable. I would like ot take it off when she isn't on the bike. my email is [email protected] if you want to send them there.

I just remembered that I actually have a set of the aluminum side pieces for a VMax sissy bar... don't have the uprights or the pad, but you could very easily make a backrest that will bolt into it. They are a little rough, but I picked them up on eBay for the right price knowing that someone could use them. I need to talk to Sean, since I think we talked about doing something with them, but if he isn't interested, I'll let you have them for what I've got in them (plus a beer or two as a "finders fee"). You can stop by and pick them up (or look at them) when you are down here at Conesville if you want.
Jeff

I just remembered that I actually have a set of the aluminum side pieces for a VMax sissy bar... don't have the uprights or the pad, but you could very easily make a backrest that will bolt into it. They are a little rough, but I picked them up on eBay for the right price knowing that someone could use them. I need to talk to Sean, since I think we talked about doing something with them, but if he isn't interested, I'll let you have them for what I've got in them (plus a beer or two as a "finders fee"). You can stop by and pick them up (or look at them) when you are down here at Conesville if you want.
Jeff
That sounds like those would work out. I can work magic on aluminum and bring it back to new looking again.:punk: Can you post a pic for me? Let me know what you need out of them and I will gladly pay shipping to get it over here. I would like to get it done before conesville...

Latest posts

Back