Dale Walkers stage 1 kit?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2005max

Reaction score
Hello all, although I don't post alot, I've been lurking around here for a couple of years reading all the great tips and how to's. Great forum by the way, but I can't find what I'm looking for. I just bought a Dale Walkers stage 1 kit and Holeshot exhaust (used) and the jet kit had no instructions with it. Does anyone know of a link that will walk me through this step by step? Thanks for your time in advance.

What all came with the kit? With Holeshots the only thing your really need to need is adjust your main jet. What altitude are you at?

What all came with the kit? With Holeshots the only thing your really need to need is adjust your main jet. What altitude are you at?

The kit only had 14 tiny washers and 4 brass screws with holes running all the way through them. The altitude is less than 100 feet above sea level. If the kit isn't needed then how would you go about adjusting the main jet?

There should be a number on the top of each brass main jet. What does it say? The washers are to shim your needles. There's a sticky post in the carbs section on how to swap your main jets out. But, I would try it stock with your new exhaust and see how it runs. There's also a post showing you if your needle is rich or lean.

Looks like 155 on the top. Seems to run about the same as it did before I installed the exhaust just louder. I'll check the spark plugs, seems to be running a little lean. I think the guy who tuned it last time stripped out one of the mixture screws.

did you install the stage 1 jet kit? I installed the pipes and jet kit on mine and it runs great.

No haven't installed yet, I guess I'll try it this weekend, what size are the stock main jets?

I looked at my old jets and they are a 152.5 It was pretty easy swap in jets shim the slide thing and adjust mixture screw out 3 turns, Good luck.

Last edited:
I had his kit for a while. I ran the 155's with the needles spaced up with one washer. It ran great and dyno'd 122 at the wheel...

It's really easy to do it.

Chris

But there is always other kits out there that are even better lol!

Sean

Sean is right. I watched the Vmax dyno shoot out at bike week. After a run and seeing the horse power I would ask what kit they had. Alot of them were like stage 1 kits with 155 mains. One guy i talked with had 155 mains and turned 115 HP. A friend of mine has stock jetting with Walker dual and turned 121.5. Max will run on stock jetting.

Latest posts

Back