Dried up mess.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rebar

Reaction score
The front brake and clutch on my max dried up. Looks like the fluid crystallized. Looked like yellow brown sugar. Pretty sure the caliper slave are wet though.

So I removed the front brake master and soaked it in denatured alcohol and picked out all the 'sugar'. Seemed to get it working and reinstalled filling the reservoir. Put a small vacuum pump on the bleeder but got very little oil and alot of air leaking by the bleeder. I will try again with the reservoir cover off. Seemed like the master wouldn't prime. I hope Im not pulling the sugar into the slaves.

Iv got a ton of air in these systems.:damn angry: And this corrosive brake fluid is just a joy to work with. :damn angry: Are there any brake fluids safe on paint and plastic?

Can someone please give me a few tips on getting these systems working without needing a paint job after.

The front brake and clutch on my max dried up. Looks like the fluid crystallized. Looked like yellow brown sugar. Pretty sure the caliper slave are wet though.

So I removed the front brake master and soaked it in denatured alcohol and picked out all the 'sugar'. Seemed to get it working and reinstalled filling the reservoir. Put a small vacuum pump on the bleeder but got very little oil and alot of air leaking by the bleeder. I will try again with the reservoir cover off. Seemed like the master wouldn't prime. I hope Im not pulling the sugar into the slaves.

Iv got a ton of air in these systems.:damn angry: And this corrosive brake fluid is just a joy to work with. :damn angry: Are there any brake fluids safe on paint and plastic?

Can someone please give me a few tips on getting these systems working without needing a paint job after.

Sorry to say but it sounds like to me the safest thing to do is replace it all:bang head:

I have some parts to play around with, and I'm sure we can get your set working. Give me a ring sometime.... I'll actually be heading through IC today and I can throw some parts in the car and drop them off to you.
Jeff
319-461-8969

Thanks. After a few days of cursing, the brakes seem fine. I think the bleeder was plugged and then the vacuum pump worked great.

I dont think I will be as lucky with the clutch.

Latest posts

Back