E-zpass

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

COP RUNNER

Reaction score
DOES ANYONE ELSE HAVE E-ZPASS ON THIER BIKE THAT DOES'NT WORK ? I HAVE TO WAVE MINE ALL AROUND , & IT'S ONLY WORKED ONCE ON THE BIKE & ONCE WHEN I PULLED OVER , GOT OFF THE BIKE & STOOD UNDER THE F'ING THING WAVING IT AROUD !:bang head:

NJ Toll roads stop every 10 miles toss .35 in the plastic bucket dragrace out before the light turns green, listen for the bell to go off! I remmber them days with them asshole NJ Troopers.
I say the hell with EZPASS just bend your plate up and keep going. Stop giving NJ more money!!

SHIT , YOU READ MY MIND ! :punk: EVEN WHEN I TRY TO DO THINGS RIGHT , THEY DON'T WORK !

I have mine velcro'd to my fork brace. It seems to work best at the newer tolltag readers.Some of the older booths give me a red light, but I have to look behind me to see it. Either i'm too fast or the reader is too slow:biglaugh:

I would think you guys with toll road would have that crap you spray on your plate so it cant get a picture. If anything next time it rains sling some mud up on the plate and let it dry covering 1-2 of the letters / numbers.
Bend the plate up a lil, hell figure something out pratice with a reg camera and see your results of angle.

I dont stop for cops do you really think I would play the game of toll roads even more so with EZpass. Different if you have to go flying through a toll booth with a toll collector running 150MPH so they dont get a discription.:rofl_200:

I've got a toll tag, and just keep it in the pocket of my jacket. The readers rarely read it, and thus it's the job of the NTTA to read my tag and assess the toll. Most times they don't seem to bother and just let it go.

does anyone else have e-zpass on thier bike that does'nt work ? I have to wave mine all around , & it's only worked once on the bike & once when i pulled over , got off the bike & stood under the f'ing thing waving it aroud !:bang head:

don't wave it, just hold it steady.

Just put your plate on a hinge and give yourself a little pull string :rofl_200:
Don't remember if it was on here or not, but I have seen a pic of someone who did that to a delivery van. He got away with it for like 2 years until an actual trooper was parked next to the toll booth and noticed as he drove through. Guy had even hid the wire so he pulled on the cig lighter in the dash so you couldn't tell from inside unless you knew what to pull.

Zombie thread revival....

Is anybody still riding through all the east coast tolls with an E-ZPass? I'm probably going to be riding from Fort Worth to Newfoundland this summer and want to have everything set up. I might be able to borrow one from my parents, but I don't mind setting up an account.

Zombie thread revival....

Is anybody still riding through all the east coast tolls with an E-ZPass? I'm probably going to be riding from Fort Worth to Newfoundland this summer and want to have everything set up. I might be able to borrow one from my parents, but I don't mind setting up an account.

Not sure of your route, but you can get one for NY. We have plenty of toll roads.

Tim, have you gone to soflasportbikes.com to read any of their stuff? They have a thread about the toll cards in FL. Seems the cards work best when you are going about 20 mph thru the gate. Just an excuse to accelerate after! Guys w/sportbikes say they put it in their tailpieces & it works OK but you have to be going slowly for it to register. I'd say, do the legal thing so they can't get you for a toll violation. The state website says "these may not work w/motorcycles," but as-long as you can produce one if stopped, I think you should be OK, unless the L.E.O. is just looking to bust-balls on a "Spiker!":rofl_200: Also, in Miami-Dade Co. on the "Lexus lanes" (I-95 toll road lanes) motorcycles are exempt from tolls!

As to the obscured plates or movable plates, those are violations in and of themselves. They are just reasons to be pulled-over if a L.E.O. sees you w/one. You can buy solenoid-operated pivoting plate holders. Why would you have one? "Why, officer, to make it easier to change my flat tire when I pick-up a flat from the poorly-maintained roads!" Unless they see you w/it obscured/folded out of view, it shouldn't be illegal if it's rigidly-mounted, which the solenoid version should do for you.

I have a removable transponder here in FL that I swap from the bike to the car. When I have it on the bike I put it in a trunk bag on my rear luggage rack. I just make sure to move the pass towards the top of the bag and it always seems to read.

If you go to the Sunpass or E-pass website (for Florida, I imagine other states are similar) you can register your tag # to your account that way if for some reason it does not go off instead of getting a ticket in the mail they just match it up with your account and charge you that way.

Many times when I have forgotten to bring my transponder on the bike I have relied on the DoT to figure it out and bill me accordingly, never once have I received a ticket for it.

The way it works in FL is that if you are caught by the camera w/o your transponder registering your passing, you still get a written notice, w/a pic of your license plate & the form letter says, "check your transponder battery because it didn't register this time (pic enclosed)". I have gotten a few this way. Yes I have an account tied to it.

The way it works in FL is that if you are caught by the camera w/o your transponder registering your passing, you still get a written notice, w/a pic of your license plate & the form letter says, "check your transponder battery because it didn't register this time (pic enclosed)". I have gotten a few this way. Yes I have an account tied to it.

Weird I have yet to get one and I know I have run quite a few. I did hear a rumor that you can run 3 tolls a month without getting a ticket, whether or not that is true I have no idea. Fortunately I avoid toll roads for the most part here in Orlando since they are not required nearly as much as you guys down in south FL.

Here in Texas if there are multiple lanes, I hear you can ride the line between the readers and not have the camera pick you up. I'm just sayin' :biglaugh:

Here in Texas if there are multiple lanes, I hear you can ride the line between the readers and not have the camera pick you up. I'm just sayin' :biglaugh:

The guys I rode with in Houston used to do that. Then we all just went ahead and got the tolltag thing. Ez-Pass doesn't seem to work as well. I never had a problem with mine reading in Houston.

Colorado takes your plates and sends a bill to your adress got one . But i was at kansascity airport that day.
Not in colorado the guy told me I owed it when I called . Then he looked up the photo it was a miss read one some one's plate he told me there systems make mistakes . Then I asked how many bad bills do you send out.
He hung up on me.
The same company want's to do the sun pass from what I hear on NPR radio.

Latest posts

Back