eBay HID Headlight Set

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's possible that it's the same setup sold by DDMTuning.com. I have the DDMTuning kit and it works great, as it does for many other guys on here. No shrouds on my bulbs, though. I got the 35W hi/lo kit.

For that price, you should try it out and post a review. I'm sure people would like to have options.

One thing I noticed in the detailed description, they say to NOT have the light on till AFTER starting your vehicle. Also to not turn them on and off repeatedly. That means I will have to install a switch to control the headlight so it doesn't come on with the key but is separately switched. What would be the best way to wire that switch so as to not interfere with the HID install?

There are several suppliers for these and I wanted to see if anyone here had any knowledge of this specific unit. Don't trust all the Chinese suppliers. Quality control doesn't seem to be their strong suit!!!

I'd put a switch up on the bar that breaks the circuit from the battery to the ballast relay.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

I think it depends on how good the ballast is. Some you had to have engine running first...I know older, larger ballasts were that way. DDMtuning is not. If you are to wire a switch I'd do the low voltage side of the relay....maybe after the headlight fuse.

I don't see any mention of the ballast being digital or whether it's a/c or d/c. I forget which is supposed to be better offhand, but if there is no mention of that, chances are it's the cheaper version.

VRME makes a nice kit that works and lasts well. I have bought several for my car and my bikes. They are not as inexpensive as this kit, however.

I was looking at these....http://www.ebay.com/itm/290994102974?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

I already have a switch for my headlight....

1175199_10200302301752164_17441425_n.jpg

Those are just the bulbs. If you already have the rest of the HID, they'll work. +1 on the light output, not as much as the lower colors. Most get away with a happy medium of 6000k - 8000k in the color range and still get a blueish tint along with decent light output. I'm using DDMTuning.com's setup. They run about $40 complete.

p1030464g.jpg

This is from my double low projectors using DDM HID setup. The night is now day.

Back