Engine wax?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rebar

Reaction score
Whats a good wax for high temperatures? And also ease of removal. Dont want to be picking allot of wax out of hard to reach areas.

Thanks

Don't recall the name of the product, but I use generic stuff from Walmart in a chartreus green bottle. I think it is polyurethane based wax. It comes off fairly easily.

Use an old tooth brush to remove the stuff that gets into the small cracks around emblems and such.

Whats a good wax for high temperatures? And also ease of removal. Dont want to be picking allot of wax out of hard to reach areas.

Thanks

Any Sealant will last longer than a true wax...

Just so you know Mike... I'm a FREAK when it comes to detailing... I'm going on 5 weeks of paint correction on my G8...

I use Adams Polishes. It's an amazing product from an amazing company. :eusa_dance:

http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-139-adams-machine-superwax.aspx

Here's a photo of my err... Car? lol I still have one more coat of MSW to put on it.

If you can come to Peoria you can see the max. I should have it all corrected as well.

Chris

Attachments

• G8 Post correction image.jpg
    G8 Post correction image.jpg
    336.5 KB
I think it is polyurethane based wax. It comes off fairly easily.

Use an old tooth brush to remove the stuff that gets into the small cracks around emblems and such.

Is polyurethane based wax the type which doesn't leave the white residue in every crack?

Chris Im kinda a clean freak to. I spend last night and a few hours this morning detailing the Vboost area clean. Now it needs some long lasting "sealant" which is super easy to remove.

What do you guys prefer for plastics?

Is polyurethane based wax the type which doesn't leave the white residue in every crack?

Chris Im kinda a clean freak to. I spend last night and a few hours this morning detailing the Vboost area clean. Now it needs some long lasting "sealant" which is super easy to remove.

What do you guys prefer for plastics?

The problem you have with store products is a lot if not most of them have Silicon in them. Silicon is BAD stuff and any high quality wax will not have it in it. It's also killer on plastics, gelcoat, and it's a painters worst nightmare...

Yeah my bikes are usually clean enough you can eat off them... :biglaugh:

Chris

Adams will kick Zaino ass! I'm not kidding... I'm admin on a detailing site... :eusa_dance:

Hey you have to trust me here... If you don't like it they'll take it back and give you 10% more than you paid back... 110% guarantee and he's not kidding!

Check out any of the Junkman videos... http://www.youtube.com/user/Junkman2000

I have a 10% discount code if you'd like one. Plus I can show you this stuff in person if you like. I literally have at least one of everything Adam sells.

Adams will kick Zaino ass! I'm not kidding... I'm admin on a detailing site... :eusa_dance:

Hey you have to trust me here... If you don't like it they'll take it back and give you 10% more than you paid back... 110% guarantee and he's not kidding!

Check out any of the Junkman videos... http://www.youtube.com/user/Junkman2000

I have a 10% discount code if you'd like one. Plus I can show you this stuff in person if you like. I literally have at least one of everything Adam sells.
Schitt, I'm in! I would like a code if you got an extra lol.

which adams product do you recommend. Easy on, wait, easy off.

which adams product do you recommend. Easy on, wait, easy off.

Easy on easy off no white crap every where... Their Buttery Wax or their Americana. Americana will last the longest of the "waxes" and is also MUCH more expensive. It's their premium 100% carnuba wax though. Like I said, I'm not against making the trip so you can test them. I have at least one of everything. Remember though... Less is more... If you put it on thick it'll come off hard. Carnuba likes to go on thin... Thick of it like painting a layer on top of your paint.

I can PM you the code if you want the discount.

Just so everyone knows, I've used the Meguires and all the store stuff and it's OK but the base ingredients they use don't hold a candle to what a premium brand has. The HUGE plus on adams is their guarantee and their customer service. You can actually talk to Adam in some cases and work out any issues you may have. He's a HELL of a nice guy. It's the old story... Guy details cars as a kid, grows up finds himself, goes to college, starts a company 14 years ago and just keeps on keeping on... He's done a great job IMO and comes out with new/better stuff all the time. He doesn't sit on his laurels. He changes chemistry to make things better all the time.

You really can't go wrong! His micro-fiber is second to none as well.

One rule of thumb when it comes to micro-fiber... If it has a sewn on tag don't use it on your ride... NOW... I have the cheap MF in my arsenal and I use it under the hood or on the carpets.

Gluck,
Chris

Chris

Im no expert on wax but i have been using Collinites #845 insulator wax looks like a yellow butter cream very easy to remove And very glossy finish.

To bad the auto parts store dont carry the good stuff. Just ordered some Zaino this morning should have tomorrow.

To bad the auto parts store dont carry the good stuff. Just ordered some Zaino this morning should have tomorrow.

Hey Mike, Can I ask why you picked Zaino over Adams? I'd like to know so I can let Adam know. He's trying VERY hard to make a believer out of everyone and if there's a reason you chose one over the other he'd LOVE to know.

Chris

I made the order before learning about adams. One day shipping should be here today. Maybe we can do a back to back test so you can convince me.

What detailing forum to you moderate?

I made the order before learning about adams. One day shipping should be here today. Maybe we can do a back to back test so you can convince me.

What detailing forum to you moderate?

You'll love Zaino I'm sure... They make a great product so you can't really go wrong with them. I'm not going to knock their stuff at all. I just know that Adam takes pride in testing his against all others. His isn't cheaper and doesn't come in pretty packaging but it's the chemicals that speak for themselves.

Well believe it or not...

www.adamsforums.com

OK so it may seem like I'm a little biased and yes I am because I believe in the company, but I am NOT paid by Adams and do not receive free stuff from them. I have used the others and found Adams to be superior. Not only in what the product does but with the fact that they have AMAZING customer support that no one else can say they can beat. NO ONE! 110% money back guarantee is hard to beat. Are there better waxes than Adams out there? Heck yes... There are waxes out there that LITERALLY cost 10,000 dollars for a little tub of it. NO SHIT! Of course it'll be amazing... :biglaugh: The made in America and the fact that he works VERY hard to get stuff only from America means a lot to me.

Chris

Latest posts

Back