Exhaust change questions

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

20Vmax20

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am finally swapping the stock exhaust system for the Hindle dual slip-on system on my 2020 but I have a couple questions for the group.

1- Will I still reuse the O2 sensors or need to plug them somehow?

2- I currently have the stock-v2 flash from Tim and I am going to get that reflashed for the new exhaust, but do I need to block off the ais ports as well? Or is Tims flash setting the system to closed all I need for this?

3- Lastly, does anyone have a dyno chart for the dual hindle, MAB and Nash flash? I’m just curious where the numbers might be with this setup.

Please let me know if there is anything I’m missing and thanks for any answers you can provide.

If I recall correctly you will still reuse your 02 Sensors (threaded in).
You can leave the AIS or plug it. Your choice. Just let Tim know what you chose.
180-185 (unless you have a happy dyno). Stock for reference is 168-172ish

Thanks for the reply, now I just wait for it to ship.

One more question: I was thinking of ordering the noise reducing inserts for the evolution mufflers but Tim mentioned that his tune was setup for the open mufflers, no inserts, and that the increased back pressure may make it run rich. Has anyone else run into this before and would it be bad for the bike to run rich?

I’ll probably just mount and run the exhaust and tune the way they were designed but I was just curious to know, if it’s too loud, if the inserts might be an option.

Back