exhaust coatings

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

odieoh24

Reaction score
was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction? the pipes on the bike have been on there for a while and i was wondering if there was a way to have them recoated to look new besides chroming them? does anyone know about the jet hot product? how expensive is it to have this done? thanks for any help

later odieoh24

I had mine ceramic coated over the winter, they look alot better. The coating goes on the inside too, I think the guy said it would increase the flow? I'll get it dynoed again this month and see if there were any changes.

Attachments

• ceramic.jpg
    ceramic.jpg
    104.3 KB
I had mine Jet hot Coated over the winter 100% covered inside and out, cheap, several styles of coatings and color, average 3% HP gains, runs 300 degrees cooler and cools off lots quicker. CHEAP $260 with shipping lifetime warranty if it rusts they will fix for free heres number if you need JETHOT FOR INFO 800 432 3379, Roy

Attachments

• coatings.jpg
    coatings.jpg
    49.2 KB
I had mine Jet hot Coated over the winter 100% covered inside and out, cheap, several styles of coatings and color, average 3% HP gains, runs 300 degrees cooler and cools off lots quicker. CHEAP $260 with shipping lifetime warranty if it rusts they will fix for free heres number if you need JETHOT FOR INFO 800 432 3379, Roy

I believe the warranty is only on new headers.

I can get ceramic coating done for around $100-$125

Although in rhoke's pics they seem to look very close to chrome. More so than any ceramic that I have seen. This is good in my opinion.

Black ceramic is an option also.

The way I undrstood The warranty was good regardless, because I had asked about mine being used, I beleive he told me it is the coating that protects therefore if it rusts it would have to break that barrier. But, it has been awhile. Good question to as if you decide to go this way. Another thing to think about JETHOT is that they coat bare steel and shows all imperfections, dent, dings, not like chrome with the several layers to smooth it out. Roy

I am a dealer for Jet Hot (and other coatings). The lifetime rust through is only on new material. It's 1 or 3 years on used stuff. if you have chromed parts they charge extra to strip it. I want to say it's around $200-$250 to get it done plus extra to remove the chrome.

Sean

Sean,

I see in rhokes pics the coating looks very shiny, almost chrome looking, more so than the other pic posted and more so than any other ceramic i have seen.

From what you have seen, is the jet hot brand that much more close to chrome looking than other ceramics that you have seen?? ie. comparing to the posted pics here.

it's pretty nice. Sterling is the finish they call that (they have other finishes too). In fact you can polish the header and it will be extremely shiny. It's too much work for me to mess with. No finish is perfect and even thiers will show wear and bad spots over time. The cleaner you keep it the longer it will last.

Sean

One of my friends just had his stainless Marks system Jet Hot Coated by Jet Hot.

He told me he spent about $230 but I don't know if that was shipping etc.

It looks VERY good but by no means does it look like chrome or polished stainless. Definitely less maintenance tho'

I don't know how big a deal this is but I've read some material that states that coating the inside of the pipes, or wrapping them, or any other means to keep the heat INSIDE the pipes offers some performance benefits since keeping the exhaust gases hotter for longer forces them to remain less dense which forces them to travel at a higher velocity aiding scavenging.......???:ummm:

That is true which is why many hardcore race engines use header wrap to keep temperatures in the pipe.

My Walker (Holeshot) pipes are coated inside and out with the Ceramic coating from Walker and it rocks! I use some non abrasive metal polish on them and they clean up like new!

The ceramic inside and out is the same theory of wrapping them! :eusa_dance:

Oh and I can still burn myself on them if I touch them so yeah... They're HOT.

Hope to see what kind of power I can get out of my low mileage Max in Topeka!

Chris

Walkers new stuff is uncoated 304 stainless... Mines coated mild steel.

I can see why he is changing. My pipes after 6,000 Miles are starting to rust. Yeah I bought his Majic Polish. The cans are mint, But the coating on the pipes really suck. I was only caught in the rain once. Immediately cleaned and polished. I always wash and then polish the pipes. Oh well, Past my warranty. Guess I should call and see if he is willing to help out a brotha. Ok done wining...:blahblah2:

I can see why he is changing. My pipes after 6,000 Miles are starting to rust. Yeah I bought his Majic Polish. The cans are mint, But the coating on the pipes really suck. I was only caught in the rain once. Immediately cleaned and polished. I always wash and then polish the pipes. Oh well, Past my warranty. Guess I should call and see if he is willing to help out a brotha. Ok done wining...:blahblah2:

You can send them back for a recoat but he WILL NOT sell you just the header tubes... I asked! I keep mine waxed and I store it in a nice dry place in the winter which REALLY helps these bikes.:eusa_dance:

If I have to replace mine I may go with a Kerker 4-1 but not sure.

Yeah was thinking Kerker 4-1 also. Yeah its stored dry all winter in garage covered. Still love the sound and looks of these pipes!!!!! love it. May send off to Jet Coat this winter. Does anyone know if they strip Coating off and redo? Or just re-coat and hope for the best?

Yeah was thinking Kerker 4-1 also. Yeah its stored dry all winter in garage covered. Still love the sound and looks of these pipes!!!!! love it. May send off to Jet Coat this winter. Does anyone know if they strip Coating off and redo? Or just re-coat and hope for the best?

Even though they are stored in the garage covered, many times the garage changes temp quickly which causes condensation to happen on the parts which causes rust.

I am lucky enough to be able to put my bikes in my parents basement which is temp and humidity controlled.

Back