Finaly made my breather hose system

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VMAX1260

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finaly today i finished my breather hose mode. Thanks redbone for the pics of your made me understand what to do.

I installed the filter outside the bike to see if i have any oil leaks. Made a very quick run (high rpms) all look good so far.
I kind like it the wat it looks outside the bike. I dont know thought if it will be any problem for the engine . Most setups the filter is between the carbs.

Attachments

• 2011-02-10 12.42.37.jpg
    2011-02-10 12.42.37.jpg
    65.8 KB
  • 2011-02-10 14.15.30.jpg
    2011-02-10 14.15.30.jpg
    87.4 KB
  • 2011-02-10 14.15.35.jpg
    2011-02-10 14.15.35.jpg
    73.1 KB
  • 2011-02-10 12.42.50.jpg
    2011-02-10 12.42.50.jpg
    70.7 KB
Finaly today i finished my breather hose mode. Thanks redbone for the pics of your made me understand what to do.

I installed the filter outside the bike to see if i have any oil leaks. Made a very quick run (high rpms) all look good so far.
I kind like it the wat it looks outside the bike. I dont know thought if it will be any problem for the engine . Most setups the filter is between the carbs.

very nice!

I would think you'd have minimal issues with it in the rain. The water is a lot thicker molecules and won't pass as easily into the tubing.

Sean

Your setup looks great! Glad my pictures could help although I think your setup is better looking than mine! I'll add a mini filter setup in my airbox but may not mess with it this year.

No way to move it under the tank cover?:confused2:

I wouldnt put it there. The blowby that comes through the breather is so fine that it gets absorbed into the filter initially, after it saturates the filter it will be all over your leg.

Best breather is one that incorporates a catch can, on a bike id use a water separator they put on air compressors.

I wouldnt put it there. The blowby that comes through the breather is so fine that it gets absorbed into the filter initially, after it saturates the filter it will be all over your leg.

Best breather is one that incorporates a catch can, on a bike id use a water separator they put on air compressors.

can you be a lttle more precise about the can . i am greek and some thing i dont now how you mean it. you mean i should build a can? instead of the filter

Not sure about the oil. And you didnt ask my opinion. But I think that looks,, um,, bad.

Attachments

• Carb%20Crank%20Vents.jpg
    Carb%20Crank%20Vents.jpg
    3.5 KB
  • Stage%207%20Crankcase%20Vent%20Syst%20II.jpg
    Stage%207%20Crankcase%20Vent%20Syst%20II.jpg
    1.7 KB
  • Stage%207%20Crankcase%20Vent%20Syst.jpg
    Stage%207%20Crankcase%20Vent%20Syst.jpg
    2 KB
Here's a idea for you to check out, it was made by a former member (Lankee Yankee). It's a home designed stage 7 "puke" tank.
Here is tha link to a good discusson on the subject. http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=3082&highlight=crankcase

saw the thread. i would never do that. REDBONE. when you open the throttle carbs suck lots of air. Imagine if oil comes through the crankcase i believe some amount could be sucked in the carbs. air goes up. oil is liquid. there is a gravity issue. i made miy T joint that way if you see my pics that the the SS hose i installed to the crankcase if oil comes out the only way it could go is down (gravity) to the SS hose that is connected to the oil fill cup and all the air will go up through the air filter. I may be wrong but if i made a "small tank" for gothering the oil what will be the point as all the gothering oil will also run back through the oil fill cup!!!! i made about 60 kilometres today just to chech the system the air filter is perfectly clean . and had no issues with oil comming out from there. before i had only the filter connected to the crankcase hose and some oil if i was riding with high rpm would come out. Today .....not a single spot. i didnt have intention to had the filter outsise the bike but wanted to be sure that oil wouldnt come out and be sucked from the velocity stacks of my fcr's cause i dont have filters on them. but if this works in the way it is .....i wont move it at all

saw the thread. i would never do that. REDBONE. when you open the throttle carbs suck lots of air. Imagine if oil comes through the crankcase i believe some amount could be sucked in the carbs. air goes up. oil is liquid. there is a gravity issue. i made miy T joint that way if you see my pics that the the SS hose i installed to the crankcase if oil comes out the only way it could go is down (gravity) to the SS hose that is connected to the oil fill cup and all the air will go up through the air filter. I may be wrong but if i made a "small tank" for gothering the oil what will be the point as all the gothering oil will also run back through the oil fill cup!!!! i made about 60 kilometres today just to chech the system the air filter is perfectly clean . and had no issues with oil comming out from there. before i had only the filter connected to the crankcase hose and some oil if i was riding with high rpm would come out. Today .....not a single spot. i didnt have intention to had the filter outsise the bike but wanted to be sure that oil wouldnt come out and be sucked from the velocity stacks of my fcr's cause i dont have filters on them. but if this works in the way it is .....i wont move it at all
No problem, I was just throwing it out there in case you hadn't seen it yet, there is a lot of info on this site to read on just about every subject.
I really like what you have done for your breather, it looks great! :punk:

but is almost the same thing with yours but with the filter not between the carbs like you have. what have i done wrong??? i dont want to damage my engine.

You did nothing wrong.. Its just that I got tired of velocity stacks on the knees and wanted the scoops front and center. If you want a filter out there its all good.:ummm::biglaugh: Its growing on me.

I was tempted to pull mine apart. Its a barbed plastic T fitting. The breather is by no means tight so Im guessing very little oil gets up there.:confused2:

Back