Flashing Headlight

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ROB06

Reaction score
I seen a bike w/ a flashing headlight the other day,I'm guessing like the wig wag lights on a cop car, and thought that it would be a good idea for heavy traffic or when i go to the city, as long as you could turn it off and just use the steady beam when you wanted to, anyone ever use one? where did you get it, how much$ and do you have an option of using it when you want to?

Here's a pretty good article about headlight modulators. I have to say that you definitely get noticed. There was a 600RR behind me for about 10 miles the other morning with one on, and i wanted to strangle him. It is by far the most annoying thing that i have ever seen lol. If you get it, don't get behind someone and ride with it on... That shit is just wrong.

http://www.webbikeworld.com/Reviewed-motorcycle-products/comagination/visipath/visipath.htm

I have one of these setups on my Max. You bet it gets noticed. I usually don't keep it on when I'm behind a cage. A buddy has one on his BMW and flat out works------ a great safety addition. Try and google "Kisan pathblaser"
Lew

I was comtenplating the idea of putting on a push button switch up on the bars so I can press it a few times as I'm approaching an intersection and it causes the light to flash like on/off. The switch is not a on/off type but rather like a push button kill switch to the head light.

I'm not sure it would be worth it but then again even if stopped one brain dead driver making a left hand turn in front of you when you can't stop in time could save your life. However, some people are so fuk'n dumb, they'd say that you flashed them to signal them to go ahead and make the left turn.....duh !
Its catch 22 with a dumbfuk, you never know !

I'd rather like to be able to use my foot instead of my thumb, but it will take some thinking about how I wanna set that up. ( maybe mount on crash bar ? )

I do remember somebody saying; if you hit the start button it will cause the headlight to dim out, in theory this does exactly the same thing. But you know I just haven't tried it......just keep forgetting. I know it must be in gear - but does anyone know what happens if you have the clutch pulled in and do that? Can somebody varify this ?

Just push the start button. It already turns the headlight off.

Mark

So there is now way to engage the starter - when in gear no matter what - cool !

Thanks.

I guess I'm just used to the old days with my car. Not sure if there still like that, but I remember trying to start the car when it was already started...ouch...:bang head::bang head:but that was many years ago in my LSD days.:whistlin:

Just slightly depress the button so it breaks contact. That way, the starter relay won't fire at all.

Mark

Would there be some what to wire the flashing lights to come on but only stay on for a brief amount of time, similar to the turn signals? I think they will stay on for at least 15 sencond and I think you also have to travel 150ft before they turn off. I wonder if you could tap into that timmer wire?

My starter button sticks once in a while so I find sometimes that I'm running down the road w/o my headlight on. I shot some wd40 in there but it still sticks so I going to take it apart this winter to clean it up better.

Back