Forum

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1SK14R

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have a 95 Vmax , Had Cobras on at first . Carbs were out of tune but Bike drivable. Test driving , on right front side sound like bell noise as if you tap a bell with a screwdriver.
Took Cobras off “ waiting for Black Widow’s “ and started up with open headers, didn’t hear sound .
Installed Black Widows “ Slip-Ons “ AND had my carbs done By Mr Unwin “ FANTASTIC JOB” Thank You ., Started up and you can hear noise again . Anyone ever have same issues? What is it ? How you fix it ?

Sounds like a separated header pipe. The oe pipes are double walled and can separate internally. If that is the case members have whacked the outer pipe with a ball peen hammer to resolve the issue. Or….you could get a full exhaust system and replace that restrictive header

Sounds like a separated header pipe. The oe pipes are double walled and can separate internally. If that is the case members have whacked the outer pipe with a ball peen hammer to resolve the issue. Or….you could get a full exhaust system and replace that restrictive header
Black Widow has an after market Front Header Pipes but without the cross tube as I noticed the Factory has . Will it make a difference. As I know it evens out the Pulses to something of that effect .

I’ve sent messages to Sean and Kyle if they have any used Front Headers Forsale . If you know of anyone would you let me know as well . Thank You

Back