FZ1....No Slouch...but still got a kill.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RagingMain

Reaction score
So on my way home a FZ1 pulls up next to me and we exchange glances. Ask him what year, looks brand new, he says 09. He looks mine over and asks what year, I tell him an 86. His eyes get big and goes "Wow, nice bike, that thing's a beast" "Thanks I say"
We play around from light to light. Then he says "You want to go?" I nodded yep and wound her up. He either spun out or wheelied because I dont think I would have beat him any other way. Got to the next light and he said "I didnt think you would get me" "Honestly I didnt either" I said. The next couple lights we just took turns pulling 2nd gear wheelies and watching each other, then he took off like a shot and was out of there.
So far I am 5-0 for stop light to stop light. :punk:
Cheers

So on my way home a FZ1 pulls up next to me and we exchange glances. Ask him what year, looks brand new, he says 09. He looks mine over and asks what year, I tell him an 86. His eyes get big and goes "Wow, nice bike, that thing's a beast" "Thanks I say"
We play around from light to light. Then he says "You want to go?" I nodded yep and wound her up. He either spun out or wheelied because I dont think I would have beat him any other way. Got to the next light and he said "I didnt think you would get me" "Honestly I didnt either" I said. The next couple lights we just took turns pulling 2nd gear wheelies and watching each other, then he took off like a shot and was out of there.
So far I am 5-0 for stop light to stop light. :punk:
Cheers

The VMAX is a stop light killer!! I used to race against an FZ1 last year. This kid had a burnt orange one with a slip on and some mapping shit done. could get him in the 1/8 mile everytime.. He would pass me at the finish line running 108-109 MPH to my 100-101. They just cant launch hard since they are light with a short wheelbase..
I wouldnt race him in a roll on race they will hand you your ass each time.
VMAX is the stop light king against stock wheelbase bikes. Dont make the mistake of a stretched sport bike though.

Great kill RM! :punk: The FZ1 are pretty fast but like Lankee said they have some launch issues.
My brother on his '03 mess with each other all the time. I can get him off the line every time but by 3rd gear he's gone bye bye. He has 250+ lb weight advantage with some engine mods and I really don't know how to launch that well yet .

i love a good kill a win is a win...when the green flag drops the bullshit stops

i love a good kill a win is a win...when the green flag drops the bullshit stops

Ohh dont even start with your super fast 919.. Hell I will race that Hooter Bike hmmmmm the first 20 ft.... ready .........set ..........go..... ohhh shit malfunction in my auto clutch or throttle stop.... I DEMAND A DO OVER

Ohh dont even start with your super fast 919.. Hell I will race that Hooter Bike hmmmmm the first 20 ft.... ready .........set ..........go..... ohhh shit malfunction in my auto clutch or throttle stop.... I DEMAND A DO OVER

.no do over..ill let that one eat away at you :rofl_200: even if you say pretty please......tell ya the truth no interest in banging gears. yet.....the light weight and short wheel base scares me a little for now...i wacked the throttle once and it comes up to easy...never had a bike that handles this well at slow or high speed...besides puttin my weight over the tank might dull my paint :biglaugh:

Blue FZ-1? If it was Big Fat Paulie he's having a bad year with Vmax owners.

Nah, it was all black. Young kid, he has a 50 lb weight advantage on me.

He probably did a right proper wheel-stand then, shat himself, and lost before he started.

It's funny how after all these years, as long in the tooth as the Max is, it lies in near perfect balance for the stoplight G.P. Newer bikes can't be launched as hard as their power should allow unless they have a pro on board or drag mods like an extended chassis / swingarm. Max's weight, cumbersome by some standards, makes it easier for dipsticks like me to get a hell of a launch without engaging in amateur astronomy.

One more reason there's just nothing like a V-max.

... makes it easier for dipsticks like me to get a hell of a launch without engaging in amateur astronomy.

One more reason there's just nothing like a V-max.

:clapping::clapping: made me laugh this morning, thanks noxx

Believe it or not I was thinking on trading the Max in on a 06 FZ1 this week, but couldn't bring myself to do it. I just picked up a 07 FZ6 for the Wife pretty nice little machine.

Latest posts

Back