Gear shift lever

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KDIMD

Reaction score
I installed the Wild Hair peg lowering mounts. It helped stretch out my legs but the pegs they sell were not very wide so replaced them with some Arlen Ness versions which are much wider and comfortable.

However, the lowering mount has moved my foot outward slightly and I am kinda of duckfooted (feet point outward) so now its a bit difficult to shift unless I really turn my foot inward. Brake pedal is fine.

Does anyone sell a shift lever that extends outward? Or should I try to bend it outward or weld some sort of extension? If someone has a spare one on hand and can do either, I would buy it off you as I really dont want to screw up my existing one.

Thanks,
Don

I have a similar problem and fitted one of these.

The part your foot acts upon is removable so I made an extended version so that I can reach it.
Wow, that's a nice looking shifter, but $100 US is SALTY!

cnc-gear-lever.jpg

My 07 Max has a shifter cast in one piece but, my wifes Bonneville has a removable toe shifter. The shafts are the same diameter and the offset is almost identical, the Bonnie lever is just a little (5mm) longer.
It might be as simple as using a longer retaining bolt and a spacer to extend the toe piece out.
Just a thought.

Chris.

Thanks for all the replies. Another one of those unique VMAX parts, most other bikes have a spline to attach the lever so makes replacing cheap. Not so with the MAX.

Why not get a spare, cut the rubber off it and then thread that bad boy with a die kit from harbor freight?

Thats my first choice given how expensive the aftermarket runs. However, I live in the Philippines so have to find one and ship, so have to consider all the extra costs.

Like i said i have an extra stock one that im willing to sell if you are interested. If so drop me a PM.

Back