Got the Max out Today

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgosset1

Reaction score
Fellas I got the Max out today here in DFW, Texas today, temps hit 71....Damn what a ride...My carbs have completely cleared up with the Seafoam but it took a couple months...hell with a carb rebuild....
Been hearing a lot about the T-Boost and I can't figure out for the life of me why anyone needs one of them...it don't take no time to wrap up to 6,500 rpms on my bike...then hold on to your ass.....Why would anyone want it to come on at 3,000 rpms....hell 1/2 second and your at 6,500 rpms...lol....Someone help me out here, the T-Boost sounds like a senseless mod for a Max....Anyone in the Dallas area meet me on a Tollroad and I will show you....and why anyone would want a full time don't make much sense either....After JumboBret went thru my carbs, I would take on anyone...lol...

I imagine it might improve 60ft times for people race regularly. I could be wrong, however.

One more thing; I got to get these Dunlop's off this bike....man them is some sorry tires...no grip at all...Cheap Pilot Power tires are better than these...

Welcome back Brett..

I'm happy with standard V-boost. It Kicks Ass when it's workin right...

Merry Christmas to you all.

Dave

One more thing; I got to get these Dunlop's off this bike....man them is some sorry tires...no grip at all...Cheap Pilot Power tires are better than these...
That I agree with. The dunlops are dangerous tires imho. No grip. I bought a new set thinking they were too worn to work well. But, the new ones sucked just as bad. I should have my new Metzler z6 tires anyday now. I got out today on the first day of winter in the northeast. It was great.
Steve

Last edited:
There is a place here in Dallas that sells Michelin Pilots most any size you want, installed and all around 325 to 350 out the door....I had a set installed on a FZ1 last year, took about 45 minutes and i was out the door...Gonna have the Max done after Christmas....

I actually to my bike out today for a nice ride myself but I'll be starting on my winter mods soon and hope to be ready for the World of Wheels show in late January. I really need to start soon as soon as these holidays are over.

I actually to my bike out today for a nice ride myself but I'll be starting on my winter mods soon and hope to be ready for the World of Wheels show in late January. I really need to start soon as soon as these holidays are over.

where is this at Ed?

Bill, it's at the David L Lawrence convention Center Downtown Pgh. I'll double check the dates but I'm sure it's like the 3rd week of January. You should put your bike in as well!! If your interested I can get you the registration info. But I'm gonna have to bust ass to be ready but I am gonna try. Even if you don't enter you should come down and check it out. There's some real nice cars and bikes as well as some real nice people. Let me know Bill,

Bill, it's at the David L Lawrence convention Center Downtown Pgh. I'll double check the dates but I'm sure it's like the 3rd week of January. You should put your bike in as well!! If your interested I can get you the registration info. But I'm gonna have to bust ass to be ready but I am gonna try. Even if you don't enter you should come down and check it out. There's some real nice cars and bikes as well as some real nice people. Let me know Bill,

I doubt i will have my bike put back together and ready by then, but i wouldnt mind checking it out . Let me know when your planning on going and maybe we can hook up ?

thats ok, threads should be hijacked....lol....makes for more to talk about....

Back