Gotta PM from Gleno...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UnclePhilthy

Reaction score
One of the Good Guys from WAY down south..in Oz land...

JIC anybody's wondering why he's been pretty quiet lately, he's moved to a new location down there, and has only dial-up available at this time...hopefully to get upgraded real soon...

He sent me this link...thinking I might know something about these old treasures...

http://www.irvingvincent.com

They are apparently making a comeback... the first ones are REAL expensive, but will hopefully become more reasonable in time with more being ordered and produced...

"Back In The Day" (another FOG story) there was a chopped, bored/stroked '47 Knucklehead in my neighborhood... big cammed, and carbed with a sidedraft Webber... probably somewhere around 90-92ci's.. Kicked everything's ass it ever ran against...including 'vettes... Except a certain Vincent Black Shadow... he couldn't beat that bad boy...

Also note that "Lawerence Of Arabia" got killed riding a 'Shadow... after surviving all the combat in the Sand Box... They were some fast MF'ers for their day!

So y'all 'wave' at Gleno, over there, and even if he doesn't reply right away, I know he'll read this thread and appreciate it!

Uncle Philthy

now this is really amazing. Nice work from those guys - that motor looks really cool!

Now if they were to make a V4... :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Actually Lawrence was killed on a Brough Superior.

"Actually Lawrence was killed on a Brough Superior."

Ooops! My bad! Did some searching, and it seems you are most correct....

I had never even heard of the Brough, until you posted this yesterday... I had always 'heard' he was riding a Vincent... A friend says, that's because that is what they 'used' in the movie... now I have to find a copy, and check that out... Haven't seen the movie in several years, and I really don't remember... Good film to see, if y'all never have.... T.E. was VERY strange person, but a hell of a warrior and military genius... gave up a commision, then eventually re-upped under a different name, as an enlisted man.

Philthy

Latest posts

Back