GXS-R forks ?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm assuming that they will be right way up forks of either 40 or 43mm diameter?
Assuming that is the case then what would be the benefit of fitting them?

Questions you need to consider:
  • Are they the same overall length as OE?
  • What is the difference in weight of the donor bike verses OE?
  • What method of damping does it use and will this need to be altered to suit the Max?
  • What is the spring rates and will this be sufficient to allow for any weight differences?
  • What wheel do you intend to use, Suzuki or OE. If the latter will it accept the Max spindle and the rolling radius of an 18" wheel and tyre?
  • What brakes fit?
  • Is there provision for a speedo drive?
  • What mudguard fits?
Anything can be made to fit but only you can decide if it is worth the time, effort and cost.

IMO a pair of Racetech springs suitable for your weight and Gold emulators + correctly set static sag gives you a front end that can out perform most riders at (relatively) modest cost.

I'm assuming that they will be right way up forks of either 40 or 43mm diameter?
Assuming that is the case then what would be the benefit of fitting them?

Questions you need to consider:
  • Are they the same overall length as OE?
  • What is the difference in weight of the donor bike verses OE?
  • What method of damping does it use and will this need to be altered to suit the Max?
  • What is the spring rates and will this be sufficient to allow for any weight differences?
  • What wheel do you intend to use, Suzuki or OE. If the latter will it accept the Max spindle and the rolling radius of an 18" wheel and tyre?
  • What brakes fit?
  • Is there provision for a speedo drive?
  • What mudguard fits?
Anything can be made to fit but only you can decide if it is worth the time, effort and cost.

IMO a pair of Racetech springs suitable for your weight and Gold emulators + correctly set static sag gives you a front end that can out perform most riders at (relatively) modest cost.
I have in my possession the triples with extenders that came with a bike the forks are trash and I like to know what years are good donors for the triples I have .

It would help if you gave the year and model of the donor bike but I'm assuming the forks are 41mm diameter?

Assuming it is a either a 750 or 1100 with rwu forks my concern would be the difference in weight between to donor which is 56Kg lighter than the Max for the 1100 and 96Kg for the 750.
IMO it would be necessary to compensate for that with spring rate and damping (at least) to make them fit for purpose + there is also the other items I have mentioned above.

My inclination would be to sell the GSXR forks and search out some later 43mm Max forks which I'd think would be a damn sight less hassle than trying to adapt what you have.

Whilst there are quite a few USD conversions done I can't recall ever reading of anyone going down the route you suggest but hopefully someone who has done it will be able to advise on your proposal.

Latest posts

Back