Harley Davidson buys MV Agusta and Cagiva

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:biglaugh:

Sweet indeed, good to see a less than vital brand be possibly assured survival,

I just hope all the "cross-pollenization" goes from MV to HD and not the otherway around.......:biglaugh:

I can't wait for the new 1200 sportster powered MV Brutale! Seriously though, it would be nice if HD uses this opportunity to build some nice domestic bikes using current technology without having to pay an auto manufacturer (porsche)to do the thinking for them. I dislike HD, and I feel like everything they touch turns to shit, but they are 'the' American motorcycle manufacturer and I want to see a cutting edge bike built in the states (Buell isn't there yet IMO).

I can't wait for the new 1200 sportster powered MV Brutale! Seriously though, it would be nice if HD uses this opportunity to build some nice domestic bikes using current technology without having to pay an auto manufacturer (porsche)to do the thinking for them. I dislike HD, and I feel like everything they touch turns to shit, but they are 'the' American motorcycle manufacturer and I want to see a cutting edge bike built in the states (Buell isn't there yet IMO).

There's always Victory......

American motorcycle manufacturer and I want to see a cutting edge bike built in the states (Buell isn't there yet IMO).

They're getting there tho,

Check out the 2008 1125R

http://www.buell.com/1125R/1125R.asp?1125RLocale=en_us

They finally had the balls to shitcan the H-D motor and went with a 4 valve, DOHC, 146hp @ 9800 rpm motor, with a 10,500 rev limit.

It was "built in partnership" with Rotax......

Which means buell said, can y'all make us a vV-win that actually makes HP?

And Rotax did it.....Rotax has been building engines for a lot of applications and for different companies for years, they are owned by Bombardier now, from the sea-doo fame to name just one.....

Latest posts

Back