Help need assembling bike after two months apart..

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donnelly317

Reaction score
Just a couple stupid questions...

Speedo mounting.. it seems that the metal tube portion that the cable runs threw comes into contact with headlight bracket. Can someone take of there cover turnsignal mount deal and take a quick picture of routing? Does the cable run behind forks or threw the brake line T and forks??

Also I can't get tail light to work at all. I have a break light where reflector was and also CBR mod.. made sure 2x that everything was hooked up right.. if I hook the reflector light up to blue its constantly on and the yellow constantly on.. I'm asuming blue and yellow wires are postives for brake light and running light... but when I connect it to cbr light nothing comes on.. also turning signals don't work front or back.. I have diffent than stock but not LED.. the front is grounded threw bike frame not groud wires. If I touch them to forks ones on constantly but other isn't (wierd). I can here flasher box clicking but light is constantly on one side not on other side... I have tired the connect positive of cbr light directly to battery and negative direct still no light.. I'm assuming (Somehow two moths off bike it magically shorted)????????? Just maybe get more insight before I spend 65 bucks I don't want to on a new one. :(

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Did you use the resistors for CBR light. When I converted Everything to LEDs my light started doing all kings of funky things like what your explaining. I ended up puttin resistors on each turn signal & CBR mod & that corrected the lights for me

Yes I used resistor block with light. But that doesn't explain brake/running light not working I don't think? Also have LED liscense plate light wired into running lights and there not working either...

Put a multimeter or test light on it with the key on and see if you have any voltage! Check all your fuses, you may have a short

Did use test light had constant power at both blue and yellow wires. I would think one is suppose to only have power when break is depressed.. also my front break mastee is not connected would this cause any function difference??

Blue is running, yellow is brake. Blue should have voltage all the time. Yellow only when brake is on. Its seems maybe blue & yellow might be shorted together. you have to follow it through the harness & to see where the short is at

Maybe! That would suck!!! Ill check when I get home. I'm not gonna order new brake light quite yet...

What this two prong plug behind headlight for? Its continuity with tail running light.. does this bike originally come with front running lights?? uploadfromtaptalk1367268469005.jpg

Little bit of a love tap and light came on!!! I had a short in my license plate lights...

Speedo mounting.. it seems that the metal tube portion that the cable runs threw comes into contact with headlight bracket. Can someone take of there cover turnsignal mount deal and take a quick picture of routing? Does the cable run behind forks or threw the brake line T and forks??

The cable runs through the brake line T & forks ( lower triple tree ) on the left side

I'm thinking I may order a new tail light.. I slapped it multiple times 1 time it went out.... but its still the point its easy to change now rather than waiting! And getting rear ended.... yes speed mount pictures are awesome! Thanks!

Yes I cut liscense plate light wires for now... they weee cheap ebay ones

Back