hesitation/sputtering starting at 3500 rpm

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmaxer67

Reaction score
Hello everyone! This is my fourth gen1 vmax. It's a 2005 with 7500 miles on it. I am the second owner of this one. The original owner hadn't ridden it for over a year, but everything on the bike seemed to function perfectly....pull your feet off the pegs when you hammered it! In the last couple of weeks, I've noticed a hesitation or sputtering starting at approximately 3500 rpm's and it's quite noticeable, but it idles perfectly at 1000 rpms. The plugs are new and clean, and carbs are synced....did those all last week. I've gone through plenty of gas thinking that was the problem. It seems to be intermittent. Should I be looking at electrical or fuel? Pickups? Coils? Carb cleaning?

Try the additive, and if it doesn't work, give the peashooter or shotgun a try. (do a search to find details on how to do them). If they don't work, its time to tear into the carbs for a good cleaning! Good luck, and welcome to the VMF!!

Thanks everyone. Will be trying the above remedies immediately. Will post again on the outcome!

Back