Hi everyone

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billmps

Reaction score
New to the community here…gen 1 Vmax owner - (I’ve owned three of these in the past, this one is my fourth) looking to do something different with this one. Previous bikes had basic mods - jet kit, full exhaust, lowered suspension, etc. Want to do a supercharger kit with this one but seems like no one offers a complete kit anymore. Contacted a few different places that had bits and pieces but not a complete kit. Anyone know where to find a complete kit?

Welcome to the forum.

When I see people come in saying this is my 3rd or 4th… I always think what happened to the ones you had before this one 😢

-Crashed?
-Blew it up riding it too rough? Which is hard to believe cause they are pretty tough motorcycles unless you don’t give it the right fluids 🤷🏻‍♂️
-or just sold it?

Just always makes me wonder 🤔

Granted I have only been riding for 5k miles since September 2023 but only have had oil change and nothing wrong with my 2015 VMAX…
Well, Other than couldn’t start bike cause ice in ignition where I had to get some deicing lube for ignition (do we really count Mother Nature issues like that?)
I have ridden her all through the seasons so far and she really is built tough… even stored outside but with a cover on her over night

Last edited:
When I see people come in saying this is my 3rd or 4th… I always think what happened to the ones you had before this one 😢

-Crashed?
-Blew it up riding it too rough? Which is hard to believe cause they are pretty tough motorcycles unless you don’t give it the right fluids 🤷🏻‍♂️
-or just sold it?

Just always makes me wonder 🤔

Granted I have only been riding for 5k miles since September 2023 but only have had oil change and nothing wrong with my 2015 VMAX…
Well, Other than couldn’t start bike cause ice in ignition where I had to get some deicing lube for ignition (do we really count Mother Nature issues like that?)
I have ridden her all through the seasons so far and she really is built tough… even stored outside but with a cover on her over night
Now what was that old saying about "Assumptions"???
How bout just life, marriage, kids, work, time or age?
LOL maybe he got a Geezer Glide, hell anything but assumed
abuse, neglect or wrecked.

I'm nearly 70 and this will probably be my last bike and that's ok with me. You can't do anything with the smooth injected modern bikes that fit together like a jig saw puzzle but with this one it's reliable enough but old enough to get the spanners out and do what you want.

I can live with that but yeah just hope the previous owned VMAXs went to good homes.
I have kinda grown attached to my VMAX as you can see 😇
1st Vmax spun a main bearing (yes, it was modded/rode hard) - sold it to a guy who figured he'd rebuild it (someday....)
2nd Vmax was sold to a good home I and hopped on a Rocket III that I tried to fall in love with...but couldnt
3rd Vmax - still have it, only lightly modded...15yrs later (she turned 20 this year...the only 20yr old I can mount and the wife doesnt threaten to divorce me)

Back