Highest Mileage V-Max?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shuriken

Reaction score
This post is akin to the top speed thread, only it's about mileage.

Yamaha's XS11s are known to be extremely durable and many have gone well beyond 100k miles. I would like to know how many stock V-Maxes out there have high mileage.

How many V-Maxes do you know of that have gone over 60k miles?

My '89 has over 66,000 miles.

My top end was rebuilt by a BMW dealer at 30,000 right after I bought it. I was losing compression in two cylinders. The previous owner dragged the bike pretty hard and had Mikuni 170 main jets with stock carbs so the cylinder walls were glazed.

i have just about 63k on my 94. had the starter replaced at 26k and had some tranny work done around 30k or so...was just making a noise and decided to have it checked out....

jim

44k now,Complete teardown at 34k,2nd gear gone.Bigger pistons,rings bearings were all within spec.Heads redone last winter with new cams.

8900 miles on my 98 Motor before she turned in to a rod knocker.

So far I have about 1400 on this 85 motor, keep your fingers crossed. It may last to till 2009 VMAX comes out.

Where the heck do I start. My first vmax had 20K and 4 rebuilds on it. I've put together a few venture 1300 combo's with close to 100K on them that looked quite good inside.

Sean

1985 just spun over 107k miles last month. Second owner. The original owner said there was never any major internal engine work. Bought it for $1700, because the dealer told him the engine needed rebuilding. Number 4 plug was fouling at around 100 miles. Got it home cleaned the carbs and put on new plug wires and it runs like a champ.

"99 with 33,000 on it.......never had the engine open except for clutch.

I know of two I've seen with my own eyes ridden hard and regularly that have over 70,000 on then without ever going into the engine....

My 07 has about 550 miles on it. No major work done there either. OH WAIT< you said highest my bad. Just got it(NEW) in March and only use it as a commuter about 3 to 4 days a week on a short commute. Long rides will wait a while. Got to save up for a Morely seat.

My 96 had 112,000 miles before selling it - only issue was the second gear at about 80,000 miles

My 06 max has 11,500 miles - no issues yet

Mike

My '85 is approaching 120,000 miles.
Typical stuff...
Clutch, Starter motor, Stator, R/R unit, and lots of tires and brake pads.
Back around 1989, I pulled a trailer with it a couple summers, so I replaced the brake rotors-just in case....
Heads never been off.
Cases never been opened.
No problems with transmission, or rear end.

But the original fork seals have started leaking! :bang head:

You think Yamaha could have done a better job there - just kidding!

I sent MamaYama a letter when the Max hit 100K miles.
They sent me back a nice letter thanking me for my loyalty to Yamaha.
And a keychain! Must have cost them at least 50 cents!

I was advised by the folks that do the test rides at Americade, that my
Max has the mileage record to the best of their knowledge..... Any one here got more?

I sent MamaYama a letter when the Max hit 100K miles.
They sent me back a nice letter thanking me for my loyalty to Yamaha.
And a keychain! Must have cost them at least 50 cents!

I was advised by the folks that do the test rides at Americade, that my
Max has the mileage record to the best of their knowledge..... Any one here got more?

You know what, I'd try talking to them, again. It's a great opportunity for Yamaha to use your bike in their ad campaign(s) for the new Max. Show one with 100,000+ and the new one.

Perhaps it's a pipe dream, but if the bike were mine I'd write another letter.

I'm gonna do that!
Who knows, maybe they'll give me a New Max as a reward for my "loyalty"!
Or just another keychain......

Just got a letter off to them. I'll mail it tomorrow. Can't find EMail addy on the site.

Latest posts

Back