How far can you go with red light on ?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As mine was already on red which i took note of speedo when i switched it over i went out for a blat armed with a bottle of gas to find the limit of mine . 40 kms but did manage 226 kms for tank only boosting on the overtake and av travelling 120 kph , topped it up (1 ltr -gas) to get to the nearest station to fill up and it took 14.74 litres .:eek:h yeah:

As mine was already on red which i took note of speedo when i switched it over i went out for a blat armed with a bottle of gas to find the limit of mine . 40 kms but did manage 226 kms for tank only boosting on the overtake and av travelling 120 kph , topped it up (1 ltr -gas) to get to the nearest station to fill up and it took 14.74 litres .:eek:h yeah:
whats all that mean in english :ummm:

Interpetation for SS: " The red low fuel light came on earlier so when I switched on the reserve I made a mental note of the current mileage. I went out for a short fast drive, carrying a 1L bottle of gas, to find out how far I could go on reserve. It finally stopped at 40 km's. I did manage 226 km's for the first part of the tank while averaging 120 kph only getting into the vboost when passing. When it stopped I put in the 1 L I had brought along to get me to the station, which took 14.74L to fill.:eek:h yeah:

Interpetation for SS: " The red low fuel light came on earlier so when I switched on the reserve I made a mental note of the current mileage. I went out for a short fast drive, carrying a 1L bottle of gas, to find out how far I could go on reserve. It finally stopped at 40 km's. I did manage 226 km's for the first part of the tank while averaging 120 kph only getting into the vboost when passing. When it stopped I put in the 1 L I had brought along to get me to the station, which took 14.74L to fill.:eek:h yeah:

thanks :biglaugh: can we convert that to gallons,,,please :ummm:

I've gone 40 miles running 60-65mph, figure to be about 46mpg, it was 100% highway running conservative cause I knew it was gonna be close....I had extra 1 gallon can with me, didn't need it....but damn sure wouldn't have tried it without the can with me, where I was at in the Guadalupe mountians you'd end up being coyote shit before someone found you if you ran out of gas,....Went a total of 175miles or so, The fillup was 3.87 gallaons, more that I've ever put in before....

Normal running around, you can figure that red light comes on at 3.2 gallons gone, (every max I've ridden with hits the light between 3.17-3.22 gallons gone from a full fillup, meaning you filled it up and then shook the bike to burp the trapped air out of the upper corners of the tank and then topped it off again, it's not a lot of extra gas but at 35-45mpg an extra pint goes a long way towards not walking,) leaving .8 gallons, most get around 32-35 normal running around, combination driving, including me, so I would'nt try for more than 30 miles "on the light"

Who said all Yanks were dumb :clapping:

Latest posts

Back