Ideas for moving front foot pegs?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yankee in texas

Reaction score
I'm not that tall (5' 10'') but the front foot peg location makes me feel like the fat guy riding a mini bike at the circus. I was contemplating lowering and moving the front pegs forward a tad. First thought was fabricating a small bracket to attach to frame then mount pegs to bracket then modify shift and brake. Any ideas???

Yankee

I'm also 5'10" and find my factory crash bars (like you have) to be very comfortable.

I've added some non-slip material that helps keep the feet where they belong.

I'm not that tall (5' 10'') but the front foot peg location makes me feel like the fat guy riding a mini bike at the circus. I was contemplating lowering and moving the front pegs forward a tad. First thought was fabricating a small bracket to attach to frame then mount pegs to bracket then modify shift and brake. Any ideas???

Yankee

Hey Hey !! me and my twin brother don't appreciate your comment

twins.jpg

:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

thats a funny pic but even the fat guys have having fun written all over their faces as they are riding lol something about being strapped onto a motorcycle that just makes ya smile all over!!

I don't use the crash bars - I tried highway pegs attached to the crash bars
that felt arkward too. I don't want forward controls neither just a slight change in the factory front pegs!!!!

I meant no disrespect to fat guys, mini bikes or people who work in the circus! (Except for those f*#king carnies that always try to rip you off !!!)

Yankee

I wonder what PSI those twins were running in them skinny tires?!

I think you should be able to fabricate a little plate that bolt in the original position, and has threaded holes where you want them to relocate the pegs quite easily. The only problem being, would your shifter and rear brake pedal still be in an appropriate location?

I think OVER makes a mid foward peg/controls set up which moves everything foward a bit but it's pricey.

Thanks - I like my big Kuryakyn pegs so I'll probably go with my first thought of fabercating a small plate.

Yankee

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    87.7 KB
If you do go with lowering plates, I would be very interested in the results. I'm buying the Buell pegs to see how I like the feel of lower pegs. I'll decide what to do for the final product after that.

Let me know your thoughts on those new pegs. Maybe some pics?
I'll keep you updated on my side.

Yankee

Lower pegs? I bet you guys have another 10,000 miles left on the outside of your tires when the middles are showing the belts or cords (depending on tires) probably cords on their stock " Qualifriers"

Lower pegs? I bet you guys have another 10,000 miles left on the outside of your tires when the middles are showing the belts or cords (depending on tires) probably cords on their stock " Qualifriers"

And this would bother you because?

If I was worried about what the outside tread looks like on tires I would buy a bike better suited to use all the tread.....I'm just sayin'.

It is wiser to be silent and have people think your a fool,
than to speak and remove all doubt.......

Yankee

:punk:Hey Yankee, that's a nice looking bike you have. Good Job, Spurs

Thank you bro !!!
That's not a bad looking scooter you're riding either.

I posted some more pics in the GALLERY.

Yankee

Hey MikeTD3, where did you order the Buell pegs from? Do they mount right up? I was looking for some metal pegs and a bit lower would be nice!

Hey MikeTD3, where did you order the Buell pegs from? Do they mount right up? I was looking for some metal pegs and a bit lower would be nice!

I have them on order from a H.D. dealer online.

Here are the part #'s and prices:

1 x N0502.1AK (N0502.1AK) = $15.76
1 x N0503.1AK (N0503.1AK) = $15.76

From what I am told I may need to fab a sleeve of some sort...either way I will post up some pics and my opinion of them for those interested.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back