im a new member that needs a little help with my 92 vmax

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MisterC

Reaction score
have a 92 1200 that lost spark. was running and then when i grabbed my clutch and pulled up the kickstand the bike died and lost spark.. not sure what to do. any help would b greatly appreicated

Could be diode assembly and/or starting circuit cutoff relay. For the bike have ignition, needs to be in neutral OR if in gear, sidestand needs to be up.

Mark

ok , i will check the cutoff relay later today . is there an easy bypass for the kickstand switch ?

You can bypass the switch with a jumper at the connector. Check the switch (0 Ohm when up; infinite when down) with ignition off. Then with key on, kick stand up, check voltage at blue/yellow wire going into the switch. It should read 12 volts. I'd probably also do the same test with the neutral switch. Should read 0 ohms when in neutral, infinite if in gear. Check for 12 volts with key on, in neutral.

Mark

Check fuses BEFORE ANYTHING. Then start from the spark plugs and get going up. If none of the spark plugs have spark, check the coils conductivity. If the coils are OK go to the other things at the same level, which are the switch, the neutral switch, the kick stand switch, next should be the crankshaft position sensor. After that I'd go for checking if the ignition brains is getting energy, so a voltage should be there. If nothing of that is working, some wiring should be bad somewhere, maybe connectors. Check fuses BEFORE ANYTHING. Also the relay the other mate is saying is a very good start.

I was a mechanic before and love the issue, but I didn't touch this bike yet, I have mine since 2 days ago. But the main stuff is always the same, so I can say just this by the moment. Good luck. Sorry for the bad names and grammar, I don't remember the correct ones right now.

Latest posts

Back