IRC WF-920's

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KJShover

Proud Vmax lover
Reaction score
I was looking around at various tires tonight. My old tire is not going to make it much further :whistlin:. While rain riding it would break loose pretty easily as it it shot. I'm also going to swap out the front as well, due to I'm not too keen on the way its wearing.

I was reading the reviews of the IRC WF-920 Wild Flare tires. There are a cruising tire but what got my attention was ppl seem to say it has greaat over all performance, not to mention that it come in a 170/80-15 flavor.

I on the Holland Vmax site and they rated the tire as Very good, Excellent, Very Good and Very Good in the catagories of Straight line, Cornering, Wet Weather and handling, repectively, with a milage of 3000.

(more tires are compared too)http://members.chello.nl/c.cornwall/Banden/Banden.htm

They look nice, but the main thing is myself and the ppl I ride with aren't fare weather riders. Its dosn't matter if its 100 deg or 10, rain or shine if the urge is there we're going riding.

Have any of you folks out there ran these particular tires?

Attachments

• WF-920.jpg
    WF-920.jpg
    10.1 KB
  • IRC_1.jpg
    IRC_1.jpg
    46.9 KB
inbetween shinko and metz on bikebandit for comparison

only problem i coudl see, they are H rated.

I try to buy as much stuff as possible NOT made in China. I will buy Korean tires though. Hankook actually makes one HELL of a GOOD tire now. Even Ford uses them stock.

I try to buy as much stuff as possible NOT made in China. I will buy Korean tires though. Hankook actually makes one HELL of a GOOD tire now. Even Ford uses them stock.

I'm not big on the "where it's made" thing. If its of decent quality and a good price I'm buying it. Did learn something new today though. I thought that IRC was a Thailand company.

only problem i coudl see, they are H rated.

H rating is 130 mph, I should be safe for a little over that. Being the ratings are based on a timed, sustained speed. If I remember right the ME880's are H rated.

Besides, My triple digit days on the max have been few and far between lately.

Unless they're radial ME880 XXL and they are V rated up to 149. I know you're not running radials but I wanted to clear that up if someone comes across that.

Are the load ratings decent too?

I thought IRC was the old Cheng Shin tire with a new name...???

Unless they're radial ME880 XXL and they are V rated up to 149. I know you're not running radials but I wanted to clear that up if someone comes across that.

Good catch, that could have been confusing.

Are the load ratings decent too?

The 170/80-15 has a load/speed index of 77h and the 110/90-18 has a load speed index of 58h or the 120/90-18 at 65h

So in a nutshell your looking at a little over 908lbs for the rear and a little over 520lbs (629lbs for the 120/90-18) for the front.

I thought IRC was the old Cheng Shin tire with a new name...???

From what I read, different beast. But I did stumble accross an article that Cheng Shin and Toyo tires have combined in a joint venture to produce tires in China.

"Toyo sells only high-quality tires in what is described as the mid- and premium-range tire segments," wrote the company. "The imported China-made tires fill out the mid-range product line of Toyo. Toyo's imports of replacement tires from China have increased somewhat over the period of the ITC's investigation... but Toyo's imports cannot be characterized as part of any import surge.

Toyo considers that there is a future for U.S. tire manufacturing, and Toyo has put its money behind this conclusion with the initial investment and expansion of its (Georgia) facility. Toyo does not consider the future to be in producing lower- or mid-range tires in the U.S.; the large majority of those tires are made outside the United States."

Since i had been dicked around by the last place and not willing to pay the high shipping cost to replace my Bridgestone my mate tells me these are the go .
Yes they are H rated but he said unless you are gonna ride for 40+ miles at 150mph get V rated but he said these will be fine . So i have one ordered for the front and will see how it goes for when its time to replace the rear .

Just wondering if it's OK to run different makes front and back as long as they're same construction (bias/radial)? :ummm:

Dale #2592

I've ran different brands front and rear several times. the main thing is keep the construction the same. Ya don't want to be mixing them radials with the bias plys.

Back