Is good help hard to find?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sentinel357

Reaction score
Hopefully this has not been covered or I'm just missing it, perhaps I am the only one wanting this. I live in the San Jose, CA area and love to work on my V-Max but sometimes I feel like I am in over my head. Anytime I come to this forum I usually find the info I am looking for with lots of advice and opinions. I was wondering how hard it would be to put together a list of either service locations or flat out mechanics categorized by City, County, State or what have you. For example if someone has had a good experience with a certain mechanic or service tech, then you could list the experience or just positive feedback with a name and location of where the work was done. Its hard to find a mechanic that you can feel comfortable with and I was thinking if we share our experiences at these locations then those who feel a need to take there machines to a professional mechanic, we can feel at least a little at ease that we might not get railroaded. I'll be honet I wish I could go somewhere on this sight and click on say California and find mechnic locations near me and see feedback from this forums users. I am not sure if business recommendations violate forum rules, its just a thought. Thanks for listening.

its not a bad idea, and there are say 5-10 dedicated vmax shops around the country.

otherwise some local guys are familiar or good with vmax's and usually the local guys will chime in to let someone know.

we could keep a list of reputible shops to get work done at though. although honestly, it'd probably only be a couple or few dozen long.

its not a bad idea, and there are say 5-10 dedicated vmax shops around the country.

otherwise some local guys are familiar or good with vmax's and usually the local guys will chime in to let someone know.

we could keep a list of reputible shops to get work done at though. although honestly, it'd probably only be a couple or few dozen long.
I know there in not one 'near' me that dedicated to just VMax but I know of a local shop that knows his way around just about any thing with 2 wheels.

Well, isn't that the reason for the 'dealerships' heading? That's where I would look even if it wasn't an authorized Yamaha dealership. You can't be too-literal, "only dealerships!"
They may be dealers for Custom Chrome, or Tucker-Rocky, but not Yamaha. To be honest, I never use the local dealership because they always want to gouge you on prices and shipping when you try to order factory parts, which is just excess profit-taking. I would rather use someone on here, like Sean or CaptainKyle.

I'm sure they'll chime in, but there are quite a few Vmax owners in Ca. and a good percentage of them turn a pretty mean wrench.

In general, those who ride VMax's are the best mechanics... You guys in Cali need to set up for Tech Days like CaptainKyle does here in Florida. Kyle spreads his knowledge freely and assists others with mods / repairs at these events... We all try to help each other. Brothers helping Brothers...

Back