Its dead .

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gunrunner

Reaction score
Went for a ride today and as bike was in need of a wash i washed it spraying it with water 1st then going over it with a wet soapy sponge . After i had washed it i dried it off went to start it up .
It made the Vboost noise etc etc then nothing , i thort it got wet then i noticed 2 wires off from the starter a green and brown 1 so i plugged these in hoping to get it right - still nothing .
And now no Vboost noise on turning the key .
The horn , lights and indicators all work , any ideas ?:ummm::bang head::ummm::bang head::confused2:

For fucks sake , when washing bike dont have too too many beers , had bumped the engine kill switch .
But , does it matter which one of the two clips those wires go on to under the starter and what are they for as bike is now idleing away happily :cheers:

Just how many beers did you have?

I think you will find that the two wires you plugged in are connected to the switch for the brake light. It is part of the front brake master and lever assembly.

It doesn't matter which way you connect them.

For fucks sake , when washing bike dont have too too many beers , had bumped the engine kill switch .
But , does it matter which one of the two clips those wires go on to under the starter and what are they for as bike is now idleing away happily :cheers:

:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

Don't feel too bad GR, I do that kind of shit and I don't even drink!! :rofl_200: :biglaugh: :rofl_200: :biglaugh: :rofl_200: :ummm:

Totally nominating this thread for a Homer!

Don't feel too bad GR, I do that kind of shit and I don't even drink!! :rofl_200: :biglaugh: :rofl_200: :biglaugh: :rofl_200: :ummm:
" LOL " THATS JUST A SIGN OF THE MIND GETTING OLD ! I STARTED DOING SHIT LIKE THAT 5 YEARS AGO !:rofl_200:

made me laugh this morning.. thanks man!

Normally around here we call that a "third shift moment", like lighting your cig then tossing the lighter out the car window, which I've done. Was my good zippo too, sigh.

Did the same thing many moons ago while on a trip to Lake Tahoe with my soon to be wife. With a poor CB900F loaded to the gills with us and stuff, I managed to touch the kill switch. 20 minutes later we had a good laugh.
Lew

Just how many beers did you have?

I think you will find that the two wires you plugged in are connected to the switch for the brake light. It is part of the front brake master and lever assembly.

It doesn't matter which way you connect them.

Not that many as it was , in my defence it had been a big weekend:eusa_dance:

Thank you for admitting it to us all. That's good stuff! :ten_out_of_ten:

haha good call... some wouldn't have admitted to something liek that... i would have as well.. i can't tell you how many times i've done that as well tho. washing the bike is sure an easy way to do it...

I think he's looking for a Doh! award...

i agree!

I would like to accept this award from the Vmax academy , i would like to thank Tui brewerys (www.tui.co.nz) for years of drowning my sorrows, making the ugly chicks look really appealing and for the occasional loss of all feeling . I would also like to thank my manager the beer fridge for getting me through these long hot days of dryness . i would also like to thank Bridestone and mobil in which i donate to on a regular basis in futhering my quest for enjoyment .

I would lastly like to thank Yamaha for a motorcycle that after all these years has a strong following even after all of its faults is still an enjoyment to ride and will also kick the arses of most 08 bikes of today . Dont know of any other 20+
year old bikes that can do that.

I hope you guys found that a laugh as i thort what the hell might as well share it as its all part of the experiences we have and well you do have to laugh .

Feel free to send money etc for my "Tui liquid diet fund " as there is a long hot summer approaching here , this may help me get over the shock of this award.

:clapping::rofl_200::punk::rofl_200::clapping::punk:

Latest posts

Back