Just got a vmax first timeowner

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silverstreak

Reaction score
Hello all,I bought a 97 with 6300 miles for 3750. Was able to get such a good price because when i get to the guys house to check it out and ride it, it had poor throttle response,but ran just fine. I had to get the revs up to get it to not bog in first gear,otherwise bike ran like a bat out of hell. so I told him that you dragged me all the way here(100 miles) and didnt tell me about this? I threatned to take my cash and leave. so he sold it to me for a lot less than he was asking..Bike is now in shop getting carbs synced or cleaned or both....whatever thy determine it needs. I did get a taste of the vboost b4 I let the shop have it. I can tell Im gonna love this thing! :punk:

Congratulations! Where's mine? lol

It sounds like it just needed a good sync and cleaning of idle circuit.

Bike is in shop getting carbs worked on so cant get pics right now. It is all stock and the color is silver. I think it wont be stock for long tho,I have been listening to exhaust clips and I think after hearing the clip that is on Dale walkers site,I will definately be buying his hole shot exhaust.First thing tho is a different seat that sits lower.I am only 5-7. can barely touch on tip toes. probably looking at shoter shocks too to lower it some more. Would like to get it down 3-4 inches

probably looking at shorter shocks too to lower it some more. Would like to get it down 3-4 inches

hey I have shorter shocks on my '86 that I wanna swap back to originals, cos I'm 6'2 and not happy with it being that low. Not sure exactly how much shorter they are, but if you measure yours and I measure mine we can compare the length and let me know if you're interested in a swap.

Im gonna try the seat first and see if thats enough.If I do replace the shocks it would be with a brand new set and I would keep the stock ones ,so if I ever sell the bike ,more than likely to someone taller than me,they could go back to original height by putting back on the stock seat and shocks

hey I have shorter shocks on my '86 that I wanna swap back to originals, cos I'm 6'2 and not happy with it being that low. Not sure exactly how much shorter they are, but if you measure yours and I measure mine we can compare the length and let me know if you're interested in a swap.

I could probably work out a deal with you. I have an '85 with stock shocks and would like to go lower if I could. My bike has 16k on it and the stock shocks perform well. You can pm me if you would like.

Jason

Latest posts

Back