Just over a week with Max, life is good

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BorgBiker

Reaction score
So it's been over a week, and I have been having a blast. Drilled stock mufflers (for now) and full time V-boost provide an awesome soundtrack for riding to work, or goofing around.

What's really amazing, is that I am getting thumbs up and waves where other bikes don't. I was riding along in heavy traffic approaching a traffic light, and I noticed 2 girls probably not much older than teenagers walking along the sidewalk. As I got closer, they turned and started looking my way, then pointing at something in my direction. Being a father of a 15 year old girl and an 18 year old boy, I have become accustomed to being "Dad" -which automatically disqualifies me for cool status. So I was truly surprised when one of the young ladies runs up to me and says "That's a bad-ass bike! Can I have a ride?". :surprise:
If I were still in my early 20's this would have had a different ending, but I simply laughed, said thank you, and rode on. Apparently there are some young ladies who know what a real motorcycle sounds like.

Later on that day, I was in a parking lot, putting on my helmet and gloves, when a Harley rider pulled up next to me, turned off his bike, and said "Now that's a beast!". It seems he tried to race one once... and learned from his mistake.

So not only can a V-max provide you with a feeling unlike any other bike out there, it can a). get you chicks, even when you weren't looking (wife frowns upon that) b). make you feel more popular c). get respect from people when you least expect it.

And all I wanted to do was ride!!

So it's been over a week, and I have been having a blast. Drilled stock mufflers (for now) and full time V-boost provide an awesome soundtrack for riding to work, or goofing around.

What's really amazing, is that I am getting thumbs up and waves where other bikes don't. I was riding along in heavy traffic approaching a traffic light, and I noticed 2 girls probably not much older than teenagers walking along the sidewalk. As I got closer, they turned and started looking my way, then pointing at something in my direction. Being a father of a 15 year old girl and an 18 year old boy, I have become accustomed to being "Dad" -which automatically disqualifies me for cool status. So I was truly surprised when one of the young ladies runs up to me and says "That's a bad-ass bike! Can I have a ride?". :surprise:
If I were still in my early 20's this would have had a different ending, but I simply laughed, said thank you, and rode on. Apparently there are some young ladies who know what a real motorcycle sounds like.

Later on that day, I was in a parking lot, putting on my helmet and gloves, when a Harley rider pulled up next to me, turned off his bike, and said "Now that's a beast!". It seems he tried to race one once... and learned from his mistake.

So not only can a V-max provide you with a feeling unlike any other bike out there, it can a). get you chicks, even when you weren't looking (wife frowns upon that) b). make you feel more popular c). get respect from people when you least expect it.

My favorite pick up line has always been ( wanna go for a ride? ) been working for 24 yrs.

This has happened to me a few times too.. Great confidence builder for us FOG's...
Even if it's mainly the VMax Sound and Look that turns the young ladies on..

I had one older lady (My Age) try to set up a rondevous when she found out it
was my Daughter in Law, not my wife riding with me...
Penny told my wife that a "Nice Looking Old Lady" tried to pick me up...:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

punk0000.gif
Very cool story. I'm very glad you're enjoying your bike. It will draw attention often. I like it when I get complimented from someone riding another brand. Even after all these years the Gen 1 still gets a lot of respect. It was well earned. People like Sean and John Furber and many others developing cool stuff and making it available is a big help too.
Sometimes, my die-hard BMW (k1200s) owner, younger brother, will ask about my bike. Or, I catch him checking it out. I always tell him he'll have a Vmax someday. He's on his 4th Beemer, but only 47, so I'll work on him. I'm going to have him ride it next time we go out. Which means yours truley will be layed across a sport type bike I don't care fore
rofl_200.gif
I lie when he ask me how I like his. I don't want to make him feel bad. A lot of you know him from Rice-o-Rama, so no snitching guys.

I've willed my bike, trailer and tools to him, so I had to make sure he'll be nice to her if something ever happens to me. Till then I'll keep smoking my little Bro in a roll on in second gear. He reels me in up top of course. It always blows his mind and is a gas for me. Like I tell Billy, the Vmax has useable power and good looks! Like a good looking woman that cooks great.
Steve-o

:punk::punk:
sure is great this bike and the ones that dont turn a eye when you pull up or drive by, well they dont need to know what you are driving cuz prob never heard of a V-MAX:ummm: hahah suckers.
i aint 20 either but i did take the last girl for a ride on the bike,total random and ya think she like the vboost hahaha. first went around the block slow and she said noo faster please, well ok here we goooo!!!!! hahahah

Glad to hear you dig the bike....it's pretty hard not to.

Just curious, why are you running full time v-boost? With a stock exhaust and setup you're just tanking your gas mileage for no reason and softening your low-to-midrange power.

I have a t-boost, and the bike "feels" a little torquier having it kick in early, but that's kind of a trick, since in reality it's actually making less power and you're accelerating slower.

My Max has been in the garage for two weeks...need to get it out....good story.....I tried the drilling out of the stock pipes and it sounded terrible...wound up putting the plates back on to quiet it back down....with silver screws...looks pretty good that way....

Welcome to our great little part of the world.....enjoy "The Life"......LOL....

Just curious, why are you running full time v-boost? With a stock exhaust and setup you're just tanking your gas mileage for no reason and softening your low-to-midrange power.

It might kill mileage a bit, but my seat-of-the-pants power meter says it's faster. But regardless of low speed power, it's the sound. Stock it sounds good, better than almost any other bike. V-boost on, and it's not even close. With the drilled pipes, it sounds like a hot-cammed v8, and at low speeds it sounds like the offspring of a dragster and a Ducati. Total aural bliss!

Back