Just weighed my Vmax....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

srk468

Reaction score
Good news is it's lighter than I thought, bad news is this means I'm not making as much hp as I thought :bang head:

Front- 278lbs
Rear- 320lbs
Total- 597-600lbs

94 Vmax with a Kerker and no center stand with COP's with 1/2 tank of gas. Done with individual wheel weights so it is accurate.

I am thinking about either Supertrapp slip ons or a some sort of full system ( with appropriate re tune ) for next spring. I am also looking at a Shorai or similar battery ( huge weight savings there) as my first steps in weight reduction. As of right nowshe is staying pretty much as is s for the rest of the season.

I forgot to mention I have an air shifter with the air bottle mounted but the whole thing probably doesn't weigh 5-8lbs I also did the big battery mod and I have a wideband O2 sensor on there so I added a little more weight there as well. I thought these bikes were heavier than this, guess I heard wrong...

Yeah I thought they were too. The Li_Ion battery and the aftermarket exhaust should easily put me below 600lb mark. Plus I deploy in Dec so the rider will be about 20lbs lighter in the spring, too. :)

Hey DakRatFink...what do you know about the Shorai battery?

How would it compare to the stock battery or perhaps the Odyssey PC680? (I run the Odyssey in mine, but I'm also interested in the Shorai.)

Thanks!

Elimax

Before the body work was done, I was at 598lbs, after the body work was changed I'm now at 589 lbs wet, lighter wheels would help even more. Still I don't think its too shabby being the manual puts it at 625 wet. UI weighed it on the big ol scales the borough uses. I got weighed about 45 min after the calibration people left. :biglaugh:

here is whats going on in my bike when I weighed it;
  • Kerker pipe w/carbon can
  • misc N2O solenoids and lines
  • braced swingarm
  • Frame braces
  • Fatmax Bellypan
  • 2 full 10 oz N20 aluminum tanks
  • full tank of gas
  • Full oil and water
  • No center stand
  • Wave rotors up front and rear
  • New tail section, scoops, and front fender
  • Bar end mirrors
  • Minimized instrumentation
  • Double headlights (a little bit lighter than the stock)

Over the past 3 months I've lost 20 pounds but I've probably already added that much in accessories on the bikes... Sissy Bars And Racks, Paint / Wrap, etc. I think it's easier to make more Horsepower than loose weight from these bikes. I still want to add frame braces and knee guards too... Still, I imagine what it would be like if these Max's could be dropped down to the low 400's... Don't see that happening without spending a fortune on Titanium parts... Good Luck in your quests to lighten.

I'm actually pleasantly surprised what it weighs, the only downfall now is I need to find that extra 5-10 HP that seems to be eluding me! LOL I do have an idea to get the engine more air but I want to try it before I say anything to make sure it works. I'm adding some weight and taking some out over the winter so I'm hoping I come in a little lighter than where I am now. Extending & notching the swingarm will add weight, the wheel I got back from Kosman is definately heavier, adding a nitrous bottle and solinoids, lines ect... But I'm going to an early set of forks with an 85 front wheel, only using one rotor and caliper (Busa) ditching the air bottle and making the swingarm the tank and a few other areas that I found I can get a little weight off of. I had lost about 10lbs from the first time I've raced my bike to the last time, I'm going to drop another 25lbs or so so that will help too.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using tapatalk

Hey DakRatFink...what do you know about the Shorai battery?

How would it compare to the stock battery or perhaps the Odyssey PC680? (I run the Odyssey in mine, but I'm also interested in the Shorai.)

Thanks!

Elimax

All I know about the Shorai is what I have gleened from their site they have a batter that does fit the Max. It is smaller than stock so it needs a little high density foam padding to make up the space in the battery box. From what I gathered it could be about 7 pounds lighter than the stock lead-acid battery. (But I don't know for sure.)

But I'm going to an early set of forks with an 85 front wheel, only using one rotor and caliper (Busa)

If your just going to use the bike on a strip then I can understand doing

this but if it's going on the street then (IMHO) I can't understand why you would want to reduce your braking potential. :ummm:

If your just going to use the bike on a strip then I can understand doing

this but if it's going on the street then (IMHO) I can't understand why you would want to reduce your braking potential. :ummm:

I've got a blown fork seal now and the one caliper is covered in oil so its basically doing nothing right now so believe me just one Busa caliper on a wave rotor with a stainless line will be much better than what I have now. Trust me bro I wouldn't do it if I didn't feel safe, the good thing is if I don't feel safe I'll still have the parts to add the other rotor and caliper :)

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using tapatalk

Back