K & n

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaymel

Reaction score
You guys think it would make any difference performance-wise if i replaced the factory filter with a K & N factory replacement one?

No re-jetting is necessary right?

(Not smart when it comes to engine stuff)

The only thing you will gain will be the ability to clean and reuse the filter for the next million miles :)

It helped on mine but my stocker was plugged tight... I only ran it for about 1000 miles though and I went to Sean's jet kit, I'll sell it to you for $40 plus shipping... It's like new, still in the box even...

It is supposed to be a bit freer flowing but re-jetting is NOT necessary.
And as stated above you can just clean and re-oil it once a year and it will last forever.
I have had one on my Stock Jetted VMax for about 8 or 9 years now.

You guys think it would make any difference performance-wise if i replaced the factory filter with a K & N factory replacement one?

No re-jetting is necessary right?

(Not smart when it comes to engine stuff)

Short answer - no.

Longer answer - many moons ago someone (sorry, don't recall who) did an airflow test through the airbox using OE and K & N filters.
What they established was that the Y piece limited the amount of air that could flow and not the filter.
On that basis just replacing the filter will not increase air flow.

Of course you could drill, shim or remove the Y piece which would remove the restriction but then I would expect you would need to also alter the fuelling to compensate.

Back