Looking to purchase a vmax...couple questions

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dpw41285

Reaction score
I have found maxs are fairly plentiful in my area, so i can choose from the mid eighties to basically 07s with no miles. I have read that thru out the years there have been subtle changes but cannot seem to pin point any dates.

What i am looking for is the year where all the upgrades where done and over with,and then stayed the same till 07.
For example if all bikes from 03-07 were all the same. ie bigger brakes, fork tube mm, ect what year or years will be the best.

Thank you for such a newbie question

go here http://vmaxoutlaw.com/main.html then click on 'Vmax tech and info' on the left.
There's a link to all the changes from '85 to '01. After that most changes are pretty minor.

If I was buying a newer Max, I'd look at '99 and up and buy the newest I could afford.

Oh and welcome to the best Vmax site ever - you did well finding this before buying yours :)

Congrats dude! Once you go Max... Any pics yet?

i pulled the trigger and bought a beautiful 99 today!!!

Congratulations, and welcome to the obsession. Once you get that Max in your blood, you'll end up spending twice what you paid for it in accessories and custom items. Start putting those dollars away now, before anyone sends you a link to Exactrep LOL.

Latest posts

Back