Loose part?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeltaEcho

Reaction score
Been going over the Max when I get time and ran across something strange.
The right side of the engine, over the clutch? The round cover on the case moves on my bike, spins by hand. This can't be right.
Try to take a pic.
1997 model year

Attachments

• IMG_20240830_133023449.jpg
    IMG_20240830_133023449.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
If it stops spinning in the same position every time you have a donk VMAX

There is a screw on the inside of the clutch cover that hold this secondary cover in place. It pulls the cover onto a rubber grommet that would normally stop it rotating. Maybe the screw is loose or missing, or the rubber grommet has broken up?

There is a screw on the inside of the clutch cover that hold this secondary cover in place. It pulls the cover onto a rubber grommet that would normally stop it rotating. Maybe the screw is loose or missing, or the rubber grommet has broken up?
Possible. So the cover should just pop off if I pull it gently? It's like an inspection cover for the clutch then

It looks like I have today off from work so I'll be able to most likely tear into this and find out what's going on. Thank you guys, I greatly appreciate the knowledge and advice

Back