Lowering My Footpegs

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thundermax

Reaction score
Am I the only one or are there other people out there that could use a little extra room between your feet and your knees. My riding position has my knees up a little high because of the distance between my knees and feet. In other words, just a little cramped for confortable riding. I was looking at the configuration on the max the other day and noticed it may be possible to take off the footpegs and have them cut and rewelded at a machine shop so that pegs are 2-3 inches lower. Doing so would increase the distance between my knees and my feet. Also doing this requires repositioning the rear brake and the gear shift pedal. Has anyone else been down this road? Thanks.

Usually most people go for rearsets (more crotch rocket-like) or forward controls (more cruiser-like).
Forward controls kits usually include gear and brake lever relocation but are expensive.

The main problem with going downwards (unless you ride the straight roads of FL) is that you will lose a lot of ground clearance, so as soon as you lean over you'll find you pegs/feet scraping the ground..

Am I the only one or are there other people out there that could use a little extra room between your feet and your knees. My riding position has my knees up a little high because of the distance between my knees and feet. In other words, just a little cramped for confortable riding. I was looking at the configuration on the max the other day and noticed it may be possible to take off the footpegs and have them cut and rewelded at a machine shop so that pegs are 2-3 inches lower. Doing so would increase the distance between my knees and my feet. Also doing this requires repositioning the rear brake and the gear shift pedal. Has anyone else been down this road? Thanks.

I bought a 2002 for parts a while back, and the PO was about 5'4" and a small thin guy...his pegs were cut and welded about 2 inches closer to the brake pedal and gear shifter it felt weird when i rode the bike.I only have a 29 inseam, and the stock seat makes me feel like my knees are in my chest......I find the corbin pretty roomy, and use that on longer trips.

Get some engine guards and mount highway pegs to them. I drilled a hole in my engine guards and bolted the highway pegs from the inside so there are no clamps. Works very well when I want to strech my legs on longer rides. This is the best picture I could find.

Attachments

• (32) MEK luggage rack installed.jpg
    (32) MEK luggage rack installed.jpg
    93.8 KB
Back