Might be on to something...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

srk468

Reaction score
Well I've been rich on the top end forever even with stock jetting so I ordered some D&D bullseyes to put in my airbox and it sure did help lean it up some! I also trimmed out the plastic in the scoops to direct more air to the box but I went from 11.7 or so up to about 13.8 and its noticeably faster, can't wait to race because next time I'm taking my jets and carbtune with me and I'm gonna jet the bitch until it runs fastest! LOL I'll try to get some pics on here but too smoked tonight... This is a good mod for anyone running a Morley jet kit

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

D&D Bullseye Air Intakes are great for any airbox; snowmobile, ATV, truck, or car. The principle is simple: more air = more power. Just drill a 1 1/2" hole and press in for more air flow. In most cases adding performance parts such as pipes, reeds, or big bores makes the stock air box insufficient. By adding the Bullseye Air Intakes you can greatly improve air flow. The intakes come in a pack of six (Black, Orange, Green, Red, or Yellow). $29.95
http://www.sled-parts.com/pdshop/shop/item.aspx?itemid=75

I won't say I have it figured out yet because I have nothing but seat of the pants to go off of but it did seem more crisp and seemed to make rpm faster and pull higher but the track will tell the story...

I couldn't see if these were little filters or just a screen like device. Can't imagine they would help much with a stock exhaust though. Seems as though they are bypassing the stock filter if drilling holes in the air box lid or sides.

I believe it has been shown that the "Y" and the filter are the major restriction in the overly rich stock system.

As you say " the track will tell"

Good luck,
Lew

It's a Morley jet kit with a modified top so there is no Y in it anymore, the problem is the air lid is too close to the filter to let it get the air it needs... The bike definitely picked up in the top end, really looking forward to racing again!

I guess that's the reason why stage7 eventually produces for top end, am I right?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I guess that's the reason why stage7 eventually produces for top end, am I right?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Not sure of everyone else's results but from what I've heard and seen the Morley kit makes about the same top end HP but keeps more midrange torque.. Once I get this setup dialed in (its close now, maybe a touch lean) I should have the best of both worlds :)

I couldn't see if these were little filters or just a screen like device. Can't imagine they would help much with a stock exhaust though. Seems as though they are bypassing the stock filter if drilling holes in the air box lid or sides.

I believe it has been shown that the "Y" and the filter are the major restriction in the overly rich stock system.

As you say " the track will tell"

Good luck,
Lew

I'd be interested in the results of the bullseyes. I've herd of guys drilling holes in the box, but this might be better if it filters a little.
I've shimmed and trimed the Y with some good results (1/2 inch). Not on a dyno, but plug color is showing a good result. My intention was to get a little more air without screwwing up the air speed. Marks 4-2. K&N filter, fuel level at 16.5mm. Stock needles shimed .022. 150 mains, a/f screws out about 3 turns.I could have just went with 147 mains also. I'll get on a dyno. someday, but prefer one other Vmaxes have used for comparison.
Steve-o

I'd be interested in the results of the bullseyes. I've herd of guys drilling holes in the box, but this might be better if it filters a little.
I've shimmed and trimed the Y with some good results (1/2 inch). Not on a dyno, but plug color is showing a good result. My intention was to get a little more air without screwwing up the air speed. Marks 4-2. K&N filter, fuel level at 16.5mm. Stock needles shimed .022. 150 mains, a/f screws out about 3 turns.I could have just went with 147 mains also. I'll get on a dyno. someday, but prefer one other Vmaxes have used for comparison.
Steve-o

Yes they are filtered Steve, I have the Morley kit with the big K&N on top and it came with air correctors so with a stock airbox and no air correctors I'm not sure how this would work... Next time I'm in the shop I'll snap some pics of exactly what I did, I'm not advocating that this works real great until I race again but according to the wideband readings and seat of the pants it definitely helped... Even my friend Kevin said it sounded better and seemed like he didn't run away from me quite as bad, he's got a 2000 ZX12 with a few things done to it and runs 9.70's at over 140mph so I can't even catch him on spray but he said for me being on motor last night he was impressed...

Do you go to Martin US 131 Dragway or is there someplace closer? Facebook is supposed to have a lot of pics of the track. I read this is the 50th anniversary year. I used to go there in the late '60's/early '70's.

Do you go to Martin US 131 Dragway or is there someplace closer? Facebook is supposed to have a lot of pics of the track. I read this is the 50th anniversary year. I used to go there in the late '60's/early '70's.

Next time I race it will probably be Martin, there is a closer track in Oceola IN that is only about 30 min away (I'm lucky) but once it starts getting dark they are done... At Martin they race till midnight so I'll have more time for jet swaps and such and not be in a hurry...

Back