Mileage Log.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a special mileage capture. Approximately 10 miles from The New Mexico state line in Texas on Interstate 40. The mileage isnt why this is a special mileage capture. This mileage capture was done because of a trip to Derby Kansas. Those who know this town know who lives here.

50000.jpg

I met and shook the hand of the man, the myth, Mr Morley himself to retrieve the seat for my bike. Looks and feels amazing. The back seat pad, since I do entertain ladies on the back, has been outfitted with gel padding underneath. And the consensus is its a massive improvement over stock. So, if you entertain passengers, a gel padded rear seat might work in your favor.
Seat.jpeg

As for the trip to Kansas from New Mexico, the bike total did approximately 1400 miles. From About 11am on a Friday afternoon to 2am Sunday morning with an overnight stop in Wichita and about an hour stop with Mr. Morley. Weather heading out was overcast. Caught some brief moments of drizzle but nothing heavier that that. Following morning, the heat was up as well as the humidity. That stayed consistent until I got into Texas where the humidity began tapering off. By time I got back to New Mexico, the temperatures in the desert were as I expected. Cool in the valleys warmer as you went up the hills and dells. The bikes gas mileage going out was approximately 35-37 mpg two up and doing approximately 90mph. The wind was blowing from the SW heading NE. Coming back, I was headed right into the wind. Mileage tanked. 2 up riding into the wind, I went to 28-30 mpg with the same speeds. Once I started on a more westerly direction, I recovered some of my mileage into the low 30s.

Overall, it was a great trip and worth it to meet Mr. Morley.

Great to meet you as well! Glad we could help even a little on the return trip with a more comfortable (and nicer looking) seat then you had on it!

55,555 miles. Major bike maintenance was performed at this time as well. Air filter, oil change, coolant flush, rear differential service and spark plugs. The mileage to fuel was off due to spark plug service and the battery was disconnected.

0911241820a.jpg

Now, I have seen some pretty ridiculous mileage intervals for the spark plugs on these bikes. After research I have found that these are iridium spark plugs. There is absolutely no reason to replace them as little as 20,000 miles as some have claimed. On my bike, I replaced them at this mileage. What did they look like?

1726072577690.jpgPlug Comparison.jpg

They still looked good and were replaced with OE plugs with the same part number.

Now, I am ashamed of myself for this....The bike got great mileage all the while. No real noticeable power decrease. But this bike should have punished me for this air filter. There is no excuse to why it is like this.

1726017896733.jpg

In all, I put the love back into her with a 50K major service. As a side note, I have been battling front tire wear since I got this bike. For me, for my riding style and mileage, the Bridgestone Battleax's are the right tire for my bike. 5500 miles on the front and I am not getting the abnormal wear I was getting with other tires. So, despite the discontinuation, I will have to do my best to find them so I have a good tire that the bike likes.

Dang! Haven't seen a filter that nasty in a very long time!

Back