my first impressions with kerker

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slowpoke

Reaction score
I know everyone knows how good kerkers are but I figured I would share my first impressions. Right now I only have the stock kerker baffle due to the comp baffle being on back order but it didn't stop me from trying out the new exhaust. Its night and day better than my old ufo exhaust. In their defense I don't know if the po ever rejetted after installing the quadzillas. It seems to have gained quite a bit mid range back which I'm very thankful for. And the sound... While way quieter than I'd like (I'm sure the comp baffle will cure that) it has a decent sound that doesn't crackle and sound like a box with rocks in it. Thank you sean! For as long as I had my bike I thought the vmax was a pig. Not anymore it seems this exhaust is better suited for whatever jets are in my carbs and I couldn't be happier

I scored my Kerker from Sean too. I was going to go with a Marks but couldn't get a hold of him. Sean hooked me up that afternoon with my carbon fiber system.

The only thing I did was cut a little off it and re packed it the way I wanted it. Tomorrow I'm going to take a little more off if it, not so much for performance or noise wise, I just want to balance it out.

I love it cause I can idle my way through my block at night and just have a mellow rumble. but when I open it up she roars.

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    36.4 KB
Hey Rollie,

How's that bike of yours' sound with the system on it? Looks sharp! Just wish they'd make a 4-2 with those silencers!

I scored my Kerker from Sean too. I was going to go with a Marks but couldn't get a hold of him. Sean hooked me up that afternoon with my carbon fiber system.

The only thing I did was cut a little off it and re packed it the way I wanted it. Tomorrow I'm going to take a little more off if it, not so much for performance or noise wise, I just want to balance it out.

I love it cause I can idle my way through my block at night and just have a mellow rumble. but when I open it up she roars.

where abouts are you cutting? making the can shorter???

oh and heres a picture. for some reason i couldnt get it to post via phone yesterday.

kerker-1.jpg

everything seems great with it other than how quiet it is (which is just the baffle and will be going bye bye very shortly... but the can itself wiggles up and down. i tightened it as tight as i thought i should have ( was afraid of twisting the bolt off due to how hot it was getting.... is that normal or was there something special i should have done? it doesnt spin. just a up and down. and side to side wiggle. ( slight)

Pull the baffle out of it and put the end cap back on...

Or... Don't put the end cap back on...

Chris

They don't slip on very far so some wiggle is usually normal but you can try snugging up the clamp a bit. You can also tighten the bracket in such a way as to "preload" the can in one position so it's help a little more in place.

The noise thing will be cured with the comp baffle arrives (aren't you glad I suggested to get one lol).

Sean

mine must be blown out or need repacking, at the brownie run i got the chance to ride next to the comp baffle(zack's) and ya louder then mine when throttle cracked open but not too far apart at idle..... or maybe im going deaf and someone on the run can set me straight.

I can buy the silencers easily enough (note I did not say cheap). But, only kerker 4-2 are slip-ons. We are going to try and do some fab work for a customer using his old slip-ons and some of the Big Gun's mufflers.

Sean

Latest posts

Back