need a favor

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

88vmx12

Reaction score
I am not anywhere near my Vmax :bang head: but have been searching and buying parts online. I have been gone from home since November. But what I need is up close photos at different angles .Of the Yellow plug that is on the coil pack under the seat. So you would have to unplug the coils frrom the harness. Also if there is any numbers or letters on the plug. Then just post them on this thread. I am trying to find the exact plug to make a "plug and play" set up for a Hayabusa coil stick conversion. :a014::a014:

Thanks Scooter

Hey thanks for the link. I think I have found an actual plug that fits the original harness without cutting the coil plugs off.

Scooter

Hey thanks for the link. I think I have found an actual plug that fits the original harness without cutting the coil plugs off.

Scooter

Scooter, there is a little tang that holds the crimped wire ends in the oem plastic connector, slide a small screwdriver in to depress the tang and you can remove the oem coil wires and replace with your COP wires.

I posted pics but can't remember the title of the thread, will post when I find it.

Edit: Here it is, 1st post. http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=5766&highlight=birdoprey%27s

Thanks guys! I was just looking at making a set for myself and a friend or two. Dano I know that you can take the terminals out of stock terminal plug. I have done that several times on some car builds. I was just wanting to not have to mess with the coils at all. Thanks again for everyone's imput

Gannon

Hey if you manage to locate those plastic plugs I would be interested in a set. Especially if you can get them with the crimp connectors unused!

Let me know..

I will let you know. I had spoken with Sean a little bit about this. I hope that this new source of plugs comes thru.

Gannon

Check out this place for connectors: http://www.vintageconnections.com/

-- OEM-Style Non-Latching Connector Shell Pairs --
These shell pairs match 1:1 with the dimensions of the original non-latching shells that were used on virtually all makes and models of Japanese bikes and cars from the late 1960's through the 1970's.

Non-LatchingShells.jpg
For pricing, look for the entries described in red as​
Non-Latching shells on our order page. To get to the order page, click on
BD10266_.gif
Place an Order in the Navigation Bar to the left.

HP-Series.jpg

HP-Series Latching Shell Pairs for 2.8mm Spade Terminals
(All shells are available in white, as well as the specific pin-count/color combinations shown above.)
For pricing, look for the entries described as HP-Series shells in Section 3 of our order page. To get to the order page, click on
BD10266_.gif
Place an Order in the Navigation Bar to the left.

Latest posts

Back