need some advice asap.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VMAX1260

Supporting Member
Reaction score
i am so pissed. in two days so many problems occured. i changed oil ,spark plugs, oil filter, clutch disc's and new battery.
yersterday. today was a fine weather... and took my baby for a quick spin

i changed the disc's because at about 7000 rpm the the tacho niddle stop rising until the kilometres reach some point and then tacho and speedo start rising together. (you know it feels like a scooter.... you open the throttle you rpm reaches some point ....stops untill you reach some kilometres and then slightly rises) after the change of the disc's it feels the same. i so pissed.. what is my problem. i bleed the clutch master cylinder. no air inside. you can feel the slipery in hard accelaration. i have a barnett clutch system with barnett springs.
and problem number 2.

in the morning when it is cold when i press start the starter spins without moving the rotor...... you hear just a fsssssss . the starter spins without graping nothing so the engine could start

problem 3

i have no filter box cause ot the fcr's and i have installed a hose for the ventilation crack case system see pic. but with hard accelaration it spits oil aout of the filter i have installed. is this normal ??? if yes what can i do about that. if you take a quick long ride the engine is covered with oil.
in the picture you can see a pic of the filter but i have installed a hose and the filter is on the top of the right two carbs under the scoop but stills spits oil in hard accelaration.

MY NERVES. god must hate me. what have i done . all this problems in 2 days !!!!!!!!

Attachments

• 156306_1706225103910_1486512892_1726226_5783362_n.jpg
    156306_1706225103910_1486512892_1726226_5783362_n.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 52
You need a restrictor in the hose to reduce oil blowback. Stage seven part that I probably have on hand.

air in the clutch lines would not affect/cause slipping.
if the plates are new, and you've put it back together correctly, i'd think about sandblasting the metal rings and replacing springs.
crankcase breather needs a restrictor inside or you could lead the pipe much higher/create some kinks to minimize oil blowout.

You need a restrictor in the hose to reduce oil blowback. Stage seven part that I probably have on hand.
Sean how much for the restrictor??? if i place some metal rings about 1mm thickness behind the springs in my barnett will it sold my slipery problem? about the starting problem? if i buy the restrictor and you know what i need for my starter problem and you have it i could take them all together

For #2....I've found it's normal on my bike for the starter to "miss", or only crank for a split second, then let go when it's really cold out. The first time it was really bad, so I could not start the bike. Took it apart and starter clutch bolts were all loose. Removed, cleaned the oil off, applied red loc-tite, put it back together. However it would still miss on cold mornings, I took it apart again and found everything perfect, so my conclusion is that's just the way it is.

I've found if I hold the throttle just cracked open off idle, it usually cranks just fine, where if it's resting at idle, it misses a lot.

Above 40 degrees or so it's a non-issue for me, usually only notice it when I try to start the bike in the winter.

For #2....I've found it's normal on my bike for the starter to "miss", or only crank for a split second, then let go when it's really cold out. The first time it was really bad, so I could not start the bike. Took it apart and starter clutch bolts were all loose. Removed, cleaned the oil off, applied red loc-tite, put it back together. However it would still miss on cold mornings, I took it apart again and found everything perfect, so my conclusion is that's just the way it is.

I've found if I hold the throttle just cracked open off idle, it usually cranks just fine, where if it's resting at idle, it misses a lot.

Above 40 degrees or so it's a non-issue for me, usually only notice it when I try to start the bike in the winter.

i ll check the throttle advice and i will tell you if it works for me. thanks

mine is doing the same thing, and i found one bolt loose. however

i bet if you replaced the dogs springs and caps the problem would go away, probably just getting worn down or something.

Latest posts

Back