New 85 project

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

texas-ss-tornado

Reaction score
Snatched another one off the Dallas Craigslist today, 85 with 17K miles, in pretty decent shape overall, fresh off the trailer! Paint on the tank isn't bad, but the fenders are a bit faded. Engine paint is weak in spots, but overall, not in too bad of shape. Bike runs fine, all electricals work, V-boost functional, no 2nd gear issues. Clutch was slipping pretty bad though, so I took a look under the clutch master, OOOOPH. What a mess! Old fluid, almost ORANGE! I cleaned it out, and sure enough, the return hole was clogged. Put a safety pin it and WOOOSH! Good thing I had my glasses on! Went ahead and flushed all the old fluid out, refilled with fresh DOT4 and no more slipping! Gotta love an easy fix! I've got a nice set of vintage Dunlop RWL Qualifers for it, gonna clean her up and get her ready for sale. Will list it here in a few weeks after I've ridden it for a while, worked out the kinks and she's ready, this is serial #0524.........here's a couple of pics, enjoy! :punk:

005.jpg

001.jpg

Back