New Here

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a113ycat

Reaction score
Hi everyone, Im new to the site and just wanted to chime in. I have been an enthusiast for several years and just recently bought my first V-MAX its odd that it took me so long to own one. I have 6 other bikes in my collection. I have wanted a Max since 1985 and so that is of course the year model that I bought. I am astounded by the power of this thing!! I never rode on one until I owned one. Now Im hooked!. Are there any riders in the Austin or San Antonio areas?

Welcome to the forum , lots of great people here to answerer any questions you may have about a Vmax. To find members in your area do this: This is a C&P from ninjaneer's post which I'm sure he will chime in also to welcome you also, go to the "members" tab. to the far right, underneath the page index, you will find "search members" drop down. click the down arrow and select "Advanced". you will be taken to the Members List Search page. Enter what you think someone would claim as their stomping ground into the "Location" field and click the "Search Now" button.

Welcome to our VMax Forum. Great people and info are a real high point here. Hope you stay around and join in the fun...

Also check out the rider's map, it's a sticky in the "pit stop". It's set up through google somehow, there's instructions in the thread how to use it.

Welcome aboard, this is the definitive resource for the Vmax. Read through the stickies at the top of all the forum listings, they contain answers to many of the frequently asked questions.

hey! welcome to the forum. +1 with alorio1. +0.5 with RaWarrior. the Rider's map that is stickied is out of commission b/c the server no longer exists. however, i did set up another one that was once referenced by the sticky, but for whatever reason was 86'd. anyways here ya go

New VMaxForum rider's map

the instructions are in post #8
if ya like, be sure to leave a comment in that thread, so that it bubbles up to the top

Welcome to the site!.........Folks here are passionate about their Maxes and sharing what we know with each other...............That's what makes this site the best!.............Like your self, I waited way too long to get mine but I'm having the time of my life hooking up with others and burning the tires off!......................Enjoy!.........................Tom.

Welcome! i live in oklahoma city but get down to san antonio a few times a year. as a matter of fact ill be down there early december and late december/early jan if you want to go for a ride.

Welcome! i live in oklahoma city but get down to san antonio a few times a year. as a matter of fact ill be down there early december and late december/early jan if you want to go for a ride.
Just hit me up anytime. I ride with a club in San Antonio called BACA (Bikers Against Child Abuse) so Im in the San Antonio area pretty often.

Welcome to the site!.........Folks here are passionate about their Maxes and sharing what we know with each other...............That's what makes this site the best!.............Like your self, I waited way too long to get mine but I'm having the time of my life hooking up with others and burning the tires off!......................Enjoy!.........................Tom.

Thanks!! I feel very welcomed here. I plan on riding it as my daily driver and parking my truck and other bikes unless they are required. I was riding with 30 bikes on Saturday and enjoyed the heck out of it. The only downside was that after a 100 miles or so the seat started getting very uncomfortable. But maybe thats just me.

...The only downside was that after a 100 miles or so the seat started getting very uncomfortable. But maybe thats just me.

nope don't think it's just you. the stock seat (i'm assumming it's stock) is notoriously a PITA (pun intended). there are several options--reshape to fit, or muscleseat, sportmax, ufo starfighter, or maxgasser bolt-ons. everyone here will soon be chiming in with their opinions as this is a hotly debated subject.

another option: rub your bare ass on the sidewalk and callus-up those baby-soft charmin-lovin cheeks :) bwahahaha.
resize_image.php

or maybe a nice ass rub:
hot-girl-rubbing-ass-o.gif

It's not just you, the stock seat sucks ass. While I have done 500+ mile days on the stock seat, by about 250-300 I'm standing up every 5 minutes from my ass going numb.

Cruise around, there are several options.

Don't forget the Corbin...

Funny you should say that...I buy and liquidate motorcycle dealership inventory from places all around the US and last year I came across an old dealership in So Carolina and bought everything they had as far as old stock and aftermarket parts. In that deal there was 2 Corbin seats for the Max and an NOS exhaust system. Well both seats went over seas as well as the exhaust. I held on to them for over a year because I knew one day I would find an 85 VMAX my brother and house keeper both nagged me into selling them. Low and behold NOW I need them both. My Max has a small dent in the exhaust right side and the seat would surely be better than the stock. Hind Sight may be 20/20 but dang it isn't nice...

By the way where or how do I get to upload pics of my bike and create an avatar??

By the way where or how do I get to upload pics of my bike and create an avatar??

Go into the control panel. You should be able to find everything you need there to customize your account. As far as pics--go into Gallery (I think). You know what I'll have btter step by steps when I get home in an hour or two. Meanwhile look in the FAQs.

Lastly I have an old style corbin that I've been to lazy to "put up for sale". PM me if your interested.

regards from my tapatalking android...

Welcome, you have come to the right place.
Enjoy the max, and dont be afraid to search/ask questions here prior to doing mods.
Regards,
R

nope don't think it's just you. the stock seat (i'm assumming it's stock) is notoriously a PITA (pun intended). there are several options--reshape to fit, or muscleseat, sportmax, ufo starfighter, or maxgasser bolt-ons. everyone here will soon be chiming in with their opinions as this is a hotly debated subject.

another option: rub your bare ass on the sidewalk and callus-up those baby-soft charmin-lovin cheeks :) bwahahaha.
resize_image.php

or maybe a nice ass rub:
hot-girl-rubbing-ass-o.gif
i " DUDE ' , DON'T POST SHIT LIKE THIS ANYMORE , I CANT TYPE WITH A " CHUBBY " AND I GOT LIGHT HEADED AND FELL OF MY STOOL ! .:confused2:. :biglaugh: .:rofl_200:

Welcome to the forum a113ycat, you are correct the stock seat sucks!

Back