Nos

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hercules

Reaction score
I think we are all intrigued by NOS! I as many of you don't know whats involved or the Do's and donts.

I think it would be great for someone to come up with a kit that we could bolt on with all the various components where we would not blow are motors to hell.

IMO use all the fail safe components out there.

1) Low Fuel Pressure Cutoff Switch.
2) NOS pressure regulator (fairly new and expensive)
3) Stainless Steel braided hoses to prevent any breaking.
4) Holly Blue Fuel pump with a min PSI of 8.
5) RPM Activated Switch set to 7K to prevent any low RPM activation.
6) A high qaulity fuel filter to catch any particular before it can clog a fuel jet.
7) One size colder spark plug.
8) An Ignition retard system if using any bigger than a 60HP shot.
9) Solder and Shrink tube all electronic connections.
10) Work neatly and organized.

NOS is'nt something you can throw on in 4 hours half ass. I spent over 20 hours on wiring, plumnbing and fabricating.

Those are just my ideas as far as components to help save the VMAX motor.

(Sean, You made a statement in the post I started last night referring to questiuons nos, I have sprayed NOS this year on my 85 motor once. I went riding with 2 friends one on a Kawi ZRX12R and an 06 Gixxer 1K with cams and head work. I used a 5lb bottle on a 1 hour ride to keep them in site. I have ran my NOS on my previous motor at the track. The reason I am not spraying more often is I took the advice of using steel brake line in place of the stock nylon 1/8 tubing and I didnt like how it sealed. If its not 101% right I wont use it. I ordered custom made hoses from the internet and to be honest they are still sitting in the box they came from. I was mainly focused on getting my upgraded gauge cluster idea worked out. As soon as I do get my hoses on I will make some 1/8 passes and post the results. My last mtr simliar to the 85 ran 6.40's @ 112MPH
My goal with this motor was 6.30's in the 1/8

Latest posts

Back