Not a V Max but its a new 850XP polaris!!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

98jpvmax

Reaction score
Picking up my first ever new vehicle tonight, and its a four wheeler 2011 850xp LE mightnight metallic black pics soon to come, pretty excited!!!!

Quick! It's not too late to get your money back if you haven't taken delivery!

haha, j/k. New toys are always sick. I really haven't had a lot of good experiences with Polaris, but good luck with it.

Back in 98 when I bought my Sea-Doo Polaris was know for everything that RA said, although they WERE fast when they ran well.

No idea where they are now with quality

That is a beast! I have an 09 400 ranger (first year) with 250 hours on it. i have had to replace the ignition switch and lower the float level, thats it. You won't have a float! Our 400 will go over 40 MPH, we love it. i bought the windshield and canvas top and back panel, really helps on those cold arkansas days. We have already seen 22 degrees.

Ya this thing is a 72hp monster cant wait to get it out on the trails sometime soon, first brand new toy

Wonder if polaris has sorted out the electronic 4x4 system yet.

On a buddy's 800 sportsman, it blew the transmission when he put the switch on 4x4, then nailed it into a deep mud pit. The rear wheels spun up(it only actually engaged 4x4 if it deemed you needed it) to 40 or 50mph, suddenly the ecu decided to engage 4x4, and kablooey went the gearbox.

It took like 2 months of "negotiations" with the dealer and polaris to get them to warranty it(machine had like 150 miles on it at the time).

Oh, and put an aftermarket exhaust as the #1 mod. Stock polaris exhaust (on anything) sounds like a fart. Our 140hp turbo fst sounds like a Honda Civic running on 3 cylinders with a hole in the muffler. It's very flatulent in tone, haha

ya theres a difference between a 800 sportsman and a 850 XP the twin sounds pretty tough even stock wise, you can tell theres power to be had, aftermarket would be sweet but i seen a guy that cut his stock muffler in half took out half of the baffle and welded it back together then put small chrome ends on it looks pretty sweet

Back