oil leaking

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lally

Reaction score
I am starting to think my VMax hates me. I went for a nice 203 mile ride from Apopka FL to Del Rey Beach FL. Three major roads to get there, I was in heaven. But, with joy comes pain. I removed the seat and seen oil on the side of it. Didnt think much of it until I came around to the clutch and water pump side and seen alot more. I was a half a qt low of oil. I have no clue where it came from. There is a little dry rot on the rubber to the valve covers but no leaks. Pulled out my kit and checked all the bolts around the clutch case, about an 1/8th turn thats all. Very confused. :ummm: I would post some pics but my camera got trashed in the box. So its a no go. If anyone has any ideas please feel free to post. :damn angry::damn angry::damn angry::damn angry: :bang head::bang head: Oh and stator, r/r and crankcase cover with gasket all new.

Your best bet is a good clean, maybe followed by a dusting of talcum powder - that should help you identify where it comes from!

Also check that your crankcase breather hose is tightly on - it goes from the crankcase to the bottom rear of the airbox.

Good luck!

now the bike is making a ticking noise when its at 2500rpm but not at 3000rpm. Thos hose is oversized need to get a new one. Quick Q&A how do you remove/replace you thermostat?

If your talking about the hose that runs from the crankcase to the bottom of the airbox...1/2 inch fuel line will work. It is thicker than the factory hose, and doesnt have the bend in it...but it will work.

Latest posts

Back