Online MOVIES

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davidon

Reaction score
Need some input from the techies out there. I've noticed a lot of full length movies online for free..even current playing ones like Shudder Island, Wolfman etc. Is there any potential danger to your computer from watching these?

I'm no techie, but I watch movies on HULU & I've never had any problems. I use only AVG free anti-virus. You are wondering about virus issues, correct ?

Need some input from the techies out there. I've noticed a lot of full length movies online for free..even current playing ones like Shudder Island, Wolfman etc. Is there any potential danger to your computer from watching these?

Like anything free stuff often contains viruses etc , but if you keep on top of it with virus checks etc you should be good .
What site you looking at ?

Yeah wondering about viruses or if they can phish for confidential info from your computer.

Just type in free online movies in google and some sites will come up

movies-links.tv for example

Phishing isn't so much the threat, but viruses and especially malware would be. Bandwidth ain't free. Gotta be paid for some how ;)

if you don't have to download or install anything, u're safe.
A good way also is to use incognito mode on recent browser for making sure you don't get tracker cookie.

Saying that be still always sure to have a firewall and antivirus running :)

if you don't have to download or install anything, u're safe.
A good way also is to use incognito mode on recent browser for making sure you don't get tracker cookie.

Saying that be still always sure to have a firewall and antivirus running :)

How do you get the incognito mode? Are you using firefox or another browser? I've watched movies on Hulu but would like to do this for the future.

I use IE Private mode Ctrl + Shift + P, Google chrome incognito Ctrl + Shift + N or Safari Private Browsing. I really clear any trace of browsing.
You can enable those mode from the menu.

Sorry I don't use firefox, I find it too slow compared to Chrome and Safari

Firefox has a button under "tools" that says "start private browsing". It blocks cookies, doesn't keep history, and automatically deletes temp files as soon as they aren't needed.

Most big-name browsers out there now are pretty safe as far as web-based attacks go, and the chances of something getting to your comp are pretty slim, even with no anti-virus software. AVG is one of best programs out there for virus detection, and best of all it's free. There's a paid version that has lots of features to make it 110% idiot-proof that I would just turn off anyway.

If something pops up saying you need a plugin, or some software to view the movies, cancel it and move on. Silverlight is the only exception, which is a legitimate Microsoft program commonly used with movies.

The internet is pretty safe nowadays. Unfortunately, most people who end up with malware, or worse online ID theft had it coming.
- Don't use shitty, cheap looking websites-typically a front for a scam business, luring people in with seemingly bargain prices for in-demand, name brand items.
- Spelling/grammar errors- steer clear.
-If a big-name website looks a little strange, or isn't quite laid out as you remember, it probably isn't that big-name website(eBay is common, I've gotten redirects to a faux-Ebay and faux-Paypal from items before). Check the address bar. If numbers appeared in front of www, or the address changed altogether, leave right away. Almost certainly a phishing site.
-NEVER EVER enter your SS number online, for anything(other than maybe online banking). Nobody requires it. If a store says they do, they're lying.
-Big name websites almost universally have a policy to never ask for passwords/login info. One of my friends fell for an email from somebody posing as an administrator for his online banking site, with the line that some computer crashed or something and login data had been lost, and that he needed to provide it so his account would "continue to function reliably". His meager bank account was drained within the hour(got it back thou)

Actually downloaded DivX player..hope this one is OK but using the incognito window is a good idea..will do from now on

If you want to keep your favourite player, you can always use K-lite codecs pack.
I have been using that for years from windows XP to Windows 7.
K-lite Codecs link
With the standard pack you should be fine already.

Back